Very impressive performance - congrats on the win (1 Viewer)

Kolb didn't play bad at all man... take away a couple bad 3rd down passes, and the INT in the flat, and it MIGHT have been a different game.

I say "might" because our offense was moving the ball down the field almost at will.

Looking at the NFC East... I don't see much competition for you guys seriously. Dallas sucks... the Skins can't score, and I think you have the secondary that could silent Eli and the Giants.

Once DMac gets back you guys will be fine.

I think it will be between Philadelphia and NY. Both are tough teams.

Same here...I didn't feel good about this game the minute McNabb went down. Actually even in preseason, when you looked at the schedule, we knew we wouldn't be going into the bye at 3-0...there's no way we start out that hot. This game (and technically the Panthers game) was the one that stood out as a question mark.

Regarding our defense...was it the playcalling by McDermott or bad execution...or both? I didn't want to think that the 1st week was an anomaly for McDermott...I hope he's got enough JJ in him to keep our defense on top.

In my humble opinion, there is no way that you folks can replace Jim Johnson. One of the very best DC's in the game. He will be missed.

The only way to really pressure Brees is up the middle.

Agreed! Which is exactly what we did to Delhomme in week 1.

I expected more of that in week 2. I didn't think the results would be the same against Brees - I expected to win some and lose some (not win all like we did vs Carolina)...but not to see it was disconcerting.

I'll be worried if we played you guys again and the gameplan was similar. We relied on a 4-man rush too much. You need to blitz Brees - not all the time - but more than we did.

You guys were blitzing 1 or 2 LB every play in the first quarter, which is probably why we kept scoring so quickly.

I noticed going into the 2nd quarter/2nd half is when you started doing the 4 man rush, and thats when it started to slow us down. Now granted, we were passing anymore ether, we were more concerned with running the ball.

Thanks for the classy post, not many fans have the guts to come back and do what you did. Phili is a great team, and im sure we will see you again in the playoffs.

In my humble opinion, there is no way that you folks can replace Jim Johnson. One of the very best DC's in the game. He will be missed.
No argument there. JJ was worshipped in Philly, believe it or not.

The one bright spot about McDermott in last weeks game (among others), was how he handled the last play of the game. JJ normally went into prevent defense at that point and we probably would have allowed the Panthers to score 7 garbage on that goal line stand. McDermott took the aggressive approach and sent all the starters back out on the field and we held them at the goal line. This was also great practice when the goal line stand could make the difference in W/L.

It seemed McDermott's NFL debut as DC was magical...JJ with a twist. Yesterday the defensive gameplan didn't look so sharp. What I'm not sure of is this.....what % do we blame on your offense and Brees being a force to reckon with vs poor playcalling, poor gameplanning and poor player performance?

Ya'll don't have anything to hang your head down about. You have a very good to great team year in and year out. It's just that FINALLY, WE have a good team too and we're out to make a name for ourselves.

Every year, the toughest games are the first 3. The reason is that teams are still learning what other teams are going to be and then have some kind of idea of how to game plan for them that's why this is the most fun time of the year until it gets down to playoff time. Your team will be ok. Just keep beating up on the likes of Atlanta and Tampa and all will be well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom