Very impressive performance - congrats on the win (1 Viewer)

McMVP

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Brees did what I knew he could....and our D did not play as well as I thought they would. Add in a QB getting his first start, a couple INTs, and a ST fumble and the result becomes obvious.

Payton is an awesome playcaller. Perhaps the best in the game. I'd take him over any player you have - and I'd put Reid out on my Curb on Thursday (which is my garbage day). I hate the wildcat stuff - at least that much use of it. I guess one could say Reid used it more because he had his backup QB in there, but I don't buy it. Once Vick is back it will be used even more often..and an inconsistent offense will be the result.

Anyway - congrats on the win. I'd like to say we'll see you again down the road, but I can't say that I'm confident in that.

Last edited:
Brees did what I knew he could....and our D did not play as well as I thought they would. Add in a QB getting his first start, a couple INTs, and a ST fumble and the result becomes obvious.

Payton is an awsome playcaller. Perhaps the best in the game. I'd take him over any player you have - and I'd put Reid out on my Curb on Thursday (which is my garbage day). I hate the wildcat stuff - at least that much use of it. I guess one could say Reid used it more because he had his backup QB in there, but I don't buy it. Once Vick is back it will be used even more often..and an inconsistent offense will be the result.

Anyway - congrats on the win. I'd like to say we'll see you again down the road, but I can't say that I'm confident in that.

Thanks. To be honest, your D didn't play as well as I thought they would. Good luck this season and please make your team beat the Cowboys.:hihi:

Payton is an awsome playcaller. Perhaps the best in the game. I'd take him over any player you have - and I'd put Reid out on my Curb on Thursday (which is my garbage day). I hate the wildcat stuff - at least that much use of it. I guess one could say Reid used it more because he had his backup QB in there, but I don't buy it. Once Vick is back it will be used even more often..and an inconsistent offense will be the result.

Thank you! Once Mcnabb is back, your wildcat offense is gonna drive teams crazy! I was going crazy in the first half like the wild man of the Navidad!

I don't think ENOUGH credit is being given to Brees and Payton. Philly DEF is very good, to say "they played poorly" is the reason we won is ridiculous. The truth is we made them look like they played poorly. I'm not sure what DEF would look good when our OFF is firing on all cylinders.

I don't think ENOUGH credit is being given to Brees and Payton. Philly DEF is very good, to say "they played poorly" is the reason we won is ridiculous. The truth is we made them look like they played poorly. I'm not sure what DEF would look good when our OFF is firing on all cylinders.

^^^^^This.

Although the op did say Payton is an awsome play caller...:)

The Eagles had the misfortune of turnovers. It was said all week it would play a big role and it did. That opening fumble in the 2nd half turned the game around. Without that it would have been a different game, believe that.

Well the way I see it, Payton and the Saints made the Eagles appear to play poorly. That kickoff return wasn't dropped, it was stripped by Malcom Jenkins - goes right back to what GW has been stressing.

The passes to Devery and Colston were pure Brees accuracy, not luck.

People now have to sit up and take notice!

Only I didn't say that

No I agree that it wasn't the intent of your post, it definately was part of the justification of losing. I think you did give credit to Payton, which is very classy, my main beef is that EVERYONE in the media is coming down hard on the Philiy 2ndary like they are the reason Brees put up 3TDs. I think it's more of a credit to our OFF then a knock on your DEF. I think your DEF will be fine.

Well the way I see it, Payton and the Saints made the Eagles appear to play poorly. That kickoff return wasn't dropped, it was stripped by Malcom Jenkins - goes right back to what GW has been stressing.

The passes to Devery and Colston were pure Brees accuracy, not luck.

People now have to sit up and take notice!

This!

Until the half , it was anybody s game. Then the defense started homing in! Thats what gators do when they sense blood! Coming up with a strip and recovery, and then some ints, Then they went to swarming! We get up on a team, we control what they can do, as we can grind it or score quickly. That's what makes us so dangerous now!

Kolb didn't play bad at all man... take away a couple bad 3rd down passes, and the INT in the flat, and it MIGHT have been a different game.

I say "might" because our offense was moving the ball down the field almost at will.

Looking at the NFC East... I don't see much competition for you guys seriously. Dallas sucks... the Skins can't score, and I think you have the secondary that could silent Eli and the Giants.

Once DMac gets back you guys will be fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom