Very interesting statistics on DB MT and TB (1 Viewer)

ua;ifies as a deep shot?
So Bridewater's average depth of target was low so he's no good. First, thats a weak argument in general if thats the entire basis of it. Second, averages are very skewed with small samples. His first two games were understandably very reserved. Then you look at the Tampa and Chicago games. Even Jacksonville had deep shots.

What distance qualifies a deep shot for you?

ua;ifies as a deep shot?

What distance qualifies a deep shot for you?

I was thinking 15+ yards-ish. But not really harping on terminology. Really referring to the league-low 6-yard average the article refers to. His average is heavily skewed from the very conservative Seattle and Dallas games. After that it was apparent he wasn't being league-low conservative.

And to be clear he took a few shots in Jacksonville, he just didn't connect on them. He was off his mark most that game.

Last edited:
Whether it's because of the O-line, the WRs, or an offense drawn around Drew's strengths, Sean doesn't want our QBs to throw the deep ball much. I don't think it's fair to put that on Teddy. If the reason we don't throw deep is the O-line or WRs, then Sean wouldn't want Teddy throwing it deep either. That's doesn't mean he CAN'T.

Like I said everyone has an agenda. We do not have to post a bunch of new threads questioning his ability as if they aren't even more questions about Taysom's ability to play QB full time. For example:
All Teddy did was win but people go out of there way to belittle him. I just hope he gets his money.

Analysing the play of both is appropriate in a fan forum. Their play is their play. Neither you or I can take that away from them or make it more than it was.

When fans of Teddy argue he can throw the deep ball and in the same forum complain Taysom can't you should expect a correction. If that is belittling Teddy then it is those that try to inflate his stats that are doing him the real disservice.

The deepest ball Teddy has ever completed in the NFL went 47 yards, Fact. Taysom's throw to Harris went 55 or 57 depending on who you ask, Fact.

According to next gen stats Teddy had the lowest IAY (average Intended Air Yards) in the NFL. No, that does not mean he is a bad QB but it does mean he does not throw bombs so if you try and argue he does then you are setting him up to be belittled.

Moral of this story is don't oversell Teddy and no one gets belittled.

sorted worst on top by IAY

1582177653331.png

Sorted worst on top by LCAD Longest completed Air Distance

1582178053178.png

I was thinking 15+ yards-ish. But not really harping on terminology. Really referring to the league-low 6-yard average the article refers to. His average is heavily skewed from the very conservative Seattle and Dallas games. After that it was apparent he wasn't being league-low conservative.

And to be clear he took a few shots in Jacksonville, he just didn't connect on them. He was off his mark most that game.

Nobody gets to count the misses. As I showed in the post above you are all off the mark trying to sell Teddy as a deep threat based on his statistics.

Nobody gets to count the misses. As I showed in the post above you are all off the mark trying to sell Teddy as a deep threat based on his statistics.

The stat you and the article use "intended air yards" counts the misses. Being conservative is about the shots you do or don't attempt. Not whether or not you connect on them.

And you are also mistaken about my intentions. I think Bridgewater is mostly conservative, but the stat they are selling is skewed to make it seem worse.

The point is, it is an "average" over 5 games. That small sample is easily skewed when the first two games were him obviously working back into the NFL. This is basic stuff. Reposting the same averages doesn't change that.

Last edited:
The stat you and the article use "intended air yards" counts the misses. Being conservative is about the shots you do or don't attempt. Not whether or not you connect on them.

And you are also mistaken about my intentions. I think Bridgewater is mostly conservative, but the stat they are selling is skewed to make it seem worse.

The point is, it is an "average" over 5 games. That small sample is easily skewed when the first two games were him obviously working back into the NFL. This is basic stuff. Reposting the same averages doesn't change that.

What? I'm sorry but you are making no sense. Teddys LCAD, only Drew is lower than he is. Teddy's IAR is lowest in the NFL. And it is not just 5 games it is his entire career. SEE BELOW

LET ME MAKE IT REAL CLEAR.

IN HIS ENTIRE NFL CAREER, EVERY REGULAR SEASON GAME AND EVERY POSTSEASON GAME Teddy has only thrown two completed passes that traveled over 40 yard in the air. And only 2 more that went further than 30 yards. He is not a deep ball passer. Maybe he can but so far he hasn't. Your ridiculous claim that it is "Not whether or not you connect on them." is insane. That is the same as saying that if Teddy throws a ball 60 yards but it lands 30 yards from any reciever he gets to count that as a deep pass? No, he doesn't.

Unbelievable. I'm sorry but I posted these stats before. Teddy has not shown an ability to throw deep passes. He simply hasn't. Drew is doing fine and he isn't throwing bombs either. Maybe Teddy can be a great QB in the same way Drew is but stop trying to argue he is what he isn't.

Every deep ball by Teddy Bridgewater 2014 - 2020

tb longest.JPG

What? I'm sorry but you are making no sense. Teddys LCAD, only Drew is lower than he is. Teddy's IAR is lowest in the NFL. And it is not just 5 games it is his entire career. SEE BELOW

LET ME MAKE IT REAL CLEAR.

IN HIS ENTIRE NFL CAREER, EVERY REGULAR SEASON GAME AND EVERY POSTSEASON GAME Teddy has only thrown two completed passes that traveled over 40 yard in the air. And only 2 more that went further than 30 yards. He is not a deep ball passer. Maybe he can but so far he hasn't. Your ridiculous claim that it is "Not whether or not you connect on them." is insane. That is the same as saying that if Teddy throws a ball 60 yards but it lands 30 yards from any reciever he gets to count that as a deep pass? No, he doesn't.

Unbelievable. I'm sorry but I posted these stats before. Teddy has not shown an ability to throw deep passes. He simply hasn't. Drew is doing fine and he isn't throwing bombs either. Maybe Teddy can be a great QB in the same way Drew is but stop trying to argue he is what he isn't.

Every deep ball by Teddy Bridgewater 2014 - 2020

tb longest.JPG

Calm down dude. Have a conversation without all the insults and anger.

That IAY is over 5 games, not his entire career. So the same point. The IAY in the article is underselling what he was actually doing once he was full go in the offense.

My entire point would be summed up if you compared his IAY over the first two games and the last three games.

Beyond that, you are making this an argument that it is not.

I don't care about his longest completed pass. I was never arguing him to have a Mahomes type arm. You don't have to throw it 50 yards to improve the worst IAY in the league. Most QBs in the NFL make their money under 20 yards anyway.

Last edited:
so both Drew and Teddy finished near the bottom in intended yards per pass at both under 7 yards.

Part of that is contributed to using short passes as extension of the run. But some also just comes from not throwing deep balls.

people want to say that when it happens with Drew its because he doesn't have the arm strength but when it happens with Teddy its because SP was holding him back. Isn't it easier to explain it in both situations as - not only is there no confidence in any deep threat receivers by our QBs but there is no confidence in them with the coaches either? That seems more plausible than trying to figure out a different reason for each QB.

And yes, I am sure Hills numbers do or at least could look very different but you will see some guys get open downfield for him due to defenses being called to honor his duplicity. Or multiplicity
I remember seeing a YouTube video by Deuce Windham pointing out that Teddy also had a poor deep ball. The video examines Teddy's mechanics.

Maybe this writer can replace Sean as our next head coach. He obviously knows the potential of the talent better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom