Very nice article, my compliments to its author (1 Viewer)

Great point about the Saints kicking and punting. Also, after winning Special Teams Player of the Month for September, Morstead is at it again:

From the article.

For the entire game, the average Jacksonville drive started at the Jaguars’ 18-yard line. The average Saints drive started at their own 34. Let’s put it this way, when the field is 82 yards long for one team and 66 yards long for the other, the result is predictable.

Texting back and forth with my nephew during the game, I kept referencing winning the field position battle. And it definitely had an impact and one of the biggest reasons we won that game.

Pretty amazing to see the defense and special teams step up so huge in these 4 games.

And somebody please explain the travesty of Morstead having only been to one Pro Bowl.

From the article.

For the entire game, the average Jacksonville drive started at the Jaguars’ 18-yard line. The average Saints drive started at their own 34. Let’s put it this way, when the field is 82 yards long for one team and 66 yards long for the other, the result is predictable.

If the offense is good enough than maybe the worse starting position doesn't matter as much, plus longer field means longer drives which means the other defense gets more tired

I'd actually be interested in seeing the stats of the win/loss of the team with the better starting field position

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom