Very Refreshing to See (1 Viewer)

The funny thing about Deuce is he is percieved to be a RB who gets 4 to 5 yards consistently on each run, when in actuality this year he has been very hit or miss, like a slasher.

IMO,this has been why it's hard for Payton to stick to the run, because alot of the time Deuce has been getting -, 0, 1 or 2 yards a carry while breaking 1 big one a game. It's hard to stick to the run when more times than not it's basically a wasted play.

Let's look at Deuce's stats again. He had 20 carries for 71 Yards. That's an average of 3.5 yards. That's not good. But consider this: If you take away his biggest run to show what he really made on a regular basis then he managed 41 yards on 19 carries, an average of 2.1 yards.

Isn't it obvious why Payton gets away from the run at times? It`s because you can't get down the field by giving the ball to a RB who doesn't even make 3 yards on a regular basis.

good point. We are NOT a running team at this point. The problem is not Deuce or Reggie....we're just not a good run-blocking oline right now. We are more effective if we pass to set up the run instead of trying to run to set up the pass. We should probably be at a 60-40 ratio most games

good point. We are NOT a running team at this point. The problem is not Deuce or Reggie....we're just not a good run-blocking oline right now. We are more effective if we pass to set up the run instead of trying to run to set up the pass. We should probably be at a 60-40 ratio most games

I didn't want to blame Deuce and I wouldn't want to blame the offensive line either. When a team has two RBs like Deuce and Reggie it's only natural that opponents make defending the run a huge priority - and then it's hard to run and so much easier to pass. I just don't understand a lot of the criticism here.

Yes, the Saints did pass on first down a lot in the third quarter. But what should Payton have done? Call a lot of running plays when everybody knew the Saints were trying to take as much time of the clock as possible? Should he have become predictable just to give Deuce more of these 2-3 yards runs?

i've been saying for weeks that we are a passing team and running Deuce wasn't the answer. you have to do what moves the ball and the way Brees is playing we can move the ball on anyone through the air. we maintain good ball control because the drives are 10-12 plays. take out the fumbles and Ints and we may have scored as much as San Diego. we need to face it, it sure looks like the Saints are becoming an Air it Out team, and some around here aren't ready for that change. this ain't the Saints of old, be ready for lots of change. lots of good change though

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom