Veterans you think won't make the cut this year. (1 Viewer)

nah man. It's the 3rd preseason game and I dont think hes even touched the slot
I've been told I'm too negative but most of what I post is true. most people here are just scared of the truth. They will just live in denial and lies. won't even debate anyone

Meredith couldn’t get healthy (and still isn’t), Matthews quit because he’s a diva and a punk, and Sherels couldn’t get healthy and had a young UDFA ball out of control in his stead. I see what you were trying to say, but dang dude, those are three of the worst possible examples to try to support your point! ?‍♂️

Not to mention, Merideth was cut before the preseason even started

Last edited:
PRob has always terrible as an outside CB. That’s what ran him out of town here after he was drafted... ran him out of stops in Indy and San Diego as well. It wasn’t until Philly put him in the slot CB role that his career had a resurgence. PJ Williams is very similar... put PJ outside, and he’s routinely beaten and exposed.

One of (if not THE) biggest weaknesses on the Saints roster is any semblance of depth behind Lattimore and Apple at outside CB. Honestly, the best they currently have is Crawley, Webster, and Hardee. The Saints are in deep DOO-DOO if any of those guys have to move into a regular role as a starting outside CB.

To follow up on this post... there are a few veteran CBs that could be on their respective team’s roster bubble, that might be a fit as a reserve outside CB...
Joe Haden, Pittsburgh
Brandon Carr, Baltimore
Tramon Williams, Green Bay

PRob is getting cut for sure

I honestly have no idea why they would sign one of the best slot corners in 2017 and play him outside.

Another mind boggling veteran signing
Just my feeble mind here but maybe they should just keep Robinson in place in the slot, like where he earned Pro Bowl berth and contributed solidly to a Super Bowl run with Philly....?

Why they play him outside I can't fathom. It's know he struggles there. Someone said "well they want to see what they have for depth if they have to play him outside".

But...they know what they have. He struggles outside and will continue to do so.

It's things like this in the context of having started DeVante Harris and also having kept Brandon Browner around so long that make me have a little lingering doubt with Allen.

Just some decisions that make no sense.

Just my feeble mind here but maybe they should just keep Robinson in place in the slot, like where he earned Pro Bowl berth and contributed solidly to a Super Bowl run with Philly....?

Why they play him outside I can't fathom. It's know he struggles there. Someone said "well they want to see what they have for depth if they have to play him outside".

But...they know what they have. He struggles outside and will continue to do so.

It's things like this in the context of having started DeVante Harris and also having kept Brandon Browner around so long that make me have a little lingering doubt with Allen.

Just some decisions that make no sense.

Robinson is not getting cut. Do you guys realize how much dead money that would create? Not even sure they can afford to cut him if they wanted to.

Robinson is our inside CB. It what he is very good at. After they pulled Lattimore and Apple, who else was going to be at CB? Rotate in PJ and Robinson. Then Crawley and whoever else is going to make the team on special teams.

The coaching staff knows the strengths, but after the first quarter what ya going to do? Leave Lattimore and Apple in to make some of you guys happy, or put in your second string to get some playing time. Or just give up and go home, which I sometimes wonder wouldn’t make some on this board happy.

Nothing wrong with posting what you think, but when 100% of your posts are about how terrible a player is, it’s annoying. Plain and simple. If all you wanna do is com

Not to mention, Merideth was cut before the preseason even started
Are we positive on that? And I didn't do that for the sake of rubbing it it. Please make a special note of how Coah Payton noted the YOUNGER GUYS on the team doing such a good job & the team moving forward. The info is there for those who are really listening to what Payton is saying. That's why I won;t be surprised to see another veteran cut at this position.

Robinson is not getting cut. Do you guys realize how much dead money that would create? Not even sure they can afford to cut him if they wanted to.
Well that's an ugly number. Talk bout stuck with the ugliest girl at the dance. I get you r point & shall pray for him to play better.

Are we positive on that? And I didn't do that for the sake of rubbing it it. Please make a special note of how Coah Payton noted the YOUNGER GUYS on the team doing such a good job & the team moving forward. The info is there for those who are really listening to what Payton is saying. That's why I won;t be surprised to see another veteran cut at this position.

Sure about what? All I said was he was cut before the preseason started.

He was cut July 29th. Our preseason started August 9th.

I think PRob has been playing the outside because they are seeing if he has the chops to back up Lattimore. I think PJ is your nickel corner and they really like CJGJ to backup PJ in nickel. PRob has failed the test and I think he gets cut. Last CB slot will be between Crawley and PRob. Crawley wins.

I seriously do not understand your take on Ginn though. Did the dude steal your lunch money? You throw up catch percentages like it is some indication that Ginn is no good. Dude is a burner. He stretches the field to take the top off the defense. Ginn may have struggled with drops early in his career but he has been solid for us. You know why they call the go route a 50/50 ball? Because it is 50/50 between the defensive and offensive player who comes down with the catch. Ginn does not even make that much money and is a free agent after the season. It makes zero sense to cut him.
Did you read my original post? Does someone have to be angry with a player to realize that the talent upgrade at a position is so good that this guy is falling behind the pack now. I'm not knocking Ginn at all. What I am saying contrary to what a bunch of spoiled fans who have seen one of the greatest if not the greatest receiver of all time go out & destroy other defenses & expect every single player we have to do the same thing every time out don't realize. Is that top to bottom the New Orleans Saints right now, TODAY, at this very moment in time, have not only the best receiving corps they have ever had. They have one of the best receiving groups ever established in nfl history.

Instead of the national talking heads sitting around trying to disrespect the Saints because we don't have two set WRs, one TE, & one RB that leads every fantasy category in fantasy football. they should be mesmerized that last season while some of these young guys were just establishing themselves, the Saints set the overall nfl record for catch percentage by any group in nfl history. I guess no one has thought about that because none of those yohos have brought it up. But you can't have QB set the nfl record in completions without having a totally awesome group of guys catching those passes. And that group is getting even better this season. Its not because Ginn is a bad player. Heck, we may see Meredith somewhere doing great this season. But the bar here on this team right now is the highest any bar has ever been set by any organization in football ever. So no I'm not angry at Ginn. I just see incredibly outstanding young talent at every single skill position that is working their behind off to strive for absolute perfection. And Ginn by virtue of his age is going to have a harder & harder time with these young guns who have unbelievable potential. I'm sorry if other people don't see that. i do see it, just like I knew that Harris kid was special the first time I saw him take a punt in preseason.

You forgot the sarcasm font on the first half of that reply
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I like your posts & I respect your opinion. Btu read what Payton said & think about it. He wasn't just using lip service. We have incredible young talent at Wide out. WE NEED TO BE GRATEFUL & cut these young guys a break.

Did you read my original post? Does someone have to be angry with a player to realize that the talent upgrade at a position is so good that this guy is falling behind the pack now. I'm not knocking Ginn at all. What I am saying contrary to what a bunch of spoiled fans who have seen one of the greatest if not the greatest receiver of all time go out & destroy other defenses & expect every single player we have to do the same thing every time out don't realize. Is that top to bottom the New Orleans Saints right now, TODAY, at this very moment in time, have not only the best receiving corps they have ever had. They have one of the best receiving groups ever established in nfl history.

Instead of the national talking heads sitting around trying to disrespect the Saints because we don't have two set WRs, one TE, & one RB that leads every fantasy category in fantasy football. they should be mesmerized that last season while some of these young guys were just establishing themselves, the Saints set the overall nfl record for catch percentage by any group in nfl history. I guess no one has thought about that because none of those yohos have brought it up. But you can't have QB set the nfl record in completions without having a totally awesome group of guys catching those passes. And that group is getting even better this season. Its not because Ginn is a bad player. Heck, we may see Meredith somewhere doing great this season. But the bar here on this team right now is the highest any bar has ever been set by any organization in football ever. So no I'm not angry at Ginn. I just see incredibly outstanding young talent at every single skill position that is working their behind off to strive for absolute perfection. And Ginn by virtue of his age is going to have a harder & harder time with these young guns who have unbelievable potential. I'm sorry if other people don't see that. i do see it, just like I knew that Harris kid was special the first time I saw him take a punt in preseason.

I’m just a little baffled when you say things like “we may have the best receiving group in history”

We have Michael Thomas and a 34 year old Ted Ginn. Behind them we have guys with 1 or fewer years of experience.

There have been duos like Cris Carter and Randy Moss; Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce;Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. The list goes on and on and on. These dudes you’re heralding as “best ever” have never taken a snap in the NFL. Sloooooowwwwww doooowwwwnnnnn

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom