veterinarian prescription medications (1 Viewer)

zeetes

carouser
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
why are these required to see a vet for a prescription, especially the flea and tick meds that work (i.e. bravecto)?

very stupid.

if you need these, or other meds, look to australia (for most) or canada (for some).

sorry, but this has to be a racket.

I've wondered this myself, but my guess is that there's the issue of liability if something goes wrong. With flea medication, it's usually dependent on the pet's weight... I assume they are just protecting themselves. Then again, it's likely also a racket. :hihi:

why are these required to see a vet for a prescription, especially the flea and tick meds that work (i.e. bravecto)?

very stupid.

if you need these, or other meds, look to australia (for most) or canada (for some).

We use Jeffers for all our stuff and give it to him ourselves. Our vet ticked me off 10 years ago so we've never went back. With the new puppy coming next week my wife has found another vet for his initial visit but there's no way that sticks. We save way too much money doing it here at the house.

very stupid.

How much is the vet bill? That might have something to do with it.

How much is the vet bill? That might have something to do with it.
fork it. everytime i bring my babies to a vet, it is always "blah blah blah pay this much money to buy overpriced medications."

last time they went was last march, 2019. i refuse to bring them anymore unless they are sick.

Teenagers get high on flea and tick medicine.
dumbarses.

i can get high off of aerosol or refrigeratent easy as sheet to buy off of amazon. i've done it.

-edit to repair my own ac

Last edited:
fork it. everytime i bring my babies to a vet, it is always "blah blah blah pay this much money to buy overpriced medications."

last time they went was last march, 2019. i refuse to bring them anymore unless they are sick.

When my 10 year old messed up her back sever years ago, two orthopedists at LSU couldnt do anything for her. She last the use of her back legs and couldnt control her functions. A vet at LSU named Dr. Koh used steroids (which hadnt worked previously) and combined that with chinese herbs, laser therapy, physical therapy and apuncture. Got her fixed up....cant even hardly tell there was a problem. This is a pic before laser therapy...the goggles were to protect her eyes

addtext_com_MTUyNzMzNTE2MjA_zpsg64l5ndd.jpg

564b6d7731602.image.jpg
564b6d7929746.image.jpg
564b6d751a0c2.image.jpg

When my 10 year old messed up her back sever years ago, two orthopedists at LSU couldnt do anything for her. She last the use of her back legs and couldnt control her functions. A vet at LSU named Dr. Koh used steroids (which hadnt worked previously) and combined that with chinese herbs, laser therapy, physical therapy and apuncture. Got her fixed up....cant even hardly tell there was a problem. This is a pic before laser therapy...the goggles were to protect her eyes

Wow! That is absolutely amazing.

Cha-ching!

I don't think pets are for me, definitely not...Absolutely...No way...Not gonna happen.

More power to you guys!

Wow! That is absolutely amazing.

Cha-ching!

I don't think pets are for me, definitely not...Absolutely...No way...Not gonna happen.

More power to you guys!

Here is the amazing thing about Dr. Koh. LSU didnt even hire him. Someone gave LSU a private grant to pay him for the first year and when LSU saw what he could do, they kept him on and gave him his own department. They call him The Miracle Worker. He once got a cow that was paralyzed from a bad pregnancy walking again

I figure it cost about $5,000 for my dog to get healed....money well spent IMO

Here is the amazing thing about Dr. Koh. LSU didnt even hire him. Someone gave LSU a private grant to pay him for the first year and when LSU saw what he could do, they kept him on and gave him his own department. They call him The Miracle Worker. He once got a cow that was paralyzed from a bad pregnancy walking again

I figure it cost about $5,000 for my dog to get healed....money well spent IMO

1593066516845.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom