veterinarian prescription medications (2 Viewers)

why are these required to see a vet for a prescription, especially the flea and tick meds that work (i.e. bravecto)?

very stupid.

if you need these, or other meds, look to australia (for most) or canada (for some).

sorry, but this has to be a racket.

What site do you use to get the flea and tick stuff from Australia? Every time I buy the 6 month supply for my dog it irritates me how expensive it is. I've been pretty lucky with my two dogs otherwise, both lab mutts, one who I just put down last year at 19 years old and the other who is 10 and spry with no health problems despite being a bit fat lug. But the meds are one of those annoying expenses that I always forget about until I open the last Trifexis and realize that I have to drop another $150 or whatever.

Here is the amazing thing about Dr. Koh. LSU didnt even hire him. Someone gave LSU a private grant to pay him for the first year and when LSU saw what he could do, they kept him on and gave him his own department. They call him The Miracle Worker. He once got a cow that was paralyzed from a bad pregnancy walking again

I figure it cost about $5,000 for my dog to get healed....money well spent IMO

Absolutely. A knowledgeable, empathetic vet is worth every penny.

We almost lost one of the Bog Dogs last December to a common parasite/bacteria combo the first two vets we took him to hadn't a clue about. The third vet took one look at him and told my wife to get him to the ER immediately.

If either of the first two vets (who just gave him fluids) had known the real problem, he'd have been cured by New Year's. As it was, he almost died and spent ten days in the ICU as his electrolyte levels were all over the place due to having so much IV fluid pumped in.

What site do you use to get the flea and tick stuff from Australia? Every time I buy the 6 month supply for my dog it irritates me how expensive it is. I've been pretty lucky with my two dogs otherwise, both lab mutts, one who I just put down last year at 19 years old and the other who is 10 and spry with no health problems despite being a bit fat lug. But the meds are one of those annoying expenses that I always forget about until I open the last Trifexis and realize that I have to drop another $150 or whatever.

they have been fantastic. my third time using them. ordered yesterday, but can take up two weeks for delivery.

Absolutely. A knowledgeable, empathetic vet is worth every penny.

We almost lost one of the Bog Dogs last December to a common parasite/bacteria combo the first two vets we took him to hadn't a clue about. The third vet took one look at him and told my wife to get him to the ER immediately.

If either of the first two vets (who just gave him fluids) had known the real problem, he'd have been cured by New Year's. As it was, he almost died and spent ten days in the ICU as his electrolyte levels were all over the place due to having so much IV fluid pumped in.
i like my vet. she is great. i just don't like paying for a visit just for a prescription.

Yeah, that's overboard.
exactly. i can buy sudafed or whatever it is to make meth from any store pharmacy. yet, prescription flea meds are illegal?

our fda is stupid. too focused on drugs like meth, crack, and the off the shelves to create them. i'm ok with veterinarian drugs being prescription only, a little excessive, yes, but their crackdown on actual, largely accessible, drugs sucks and had failed miserably.

they spend more time "cracking" false cases instead of cannibas. cannibas is a naturally grown herb, proven to naturally help many illnesses.

crack and meth are both behind the proven cannabis, as a matter of importance to most . enforcement agencies, yet it is targeted the most.

how many teeth have cannabis users lost due to smoking? yep, that is right. not a single person on file.

crack? this has been a failed effort to control for over 30, almost 40 years. it reduces your immune system to where you are susceptible to everything. everything. most notably respiratory problems long term, addicted or clean.

fork it. i'm tired of holding back.

marijuana has no known addictive or long term illnesses.

fork it if political or not

I just dropped $171 at Costco yesterday for a 6 month supply of Sentinel and Nexguard for my boy... And that’s WITH the Costco discount they applied.. i happened to have the packaging from one year ago when i bought the same exact meds from Costco, and the total was $140.. not sure why theyve gone up so much in a short time, but i think next time I’ll be utilizing the sites y’all mentioned , thanks

they have been fantastic. my third time using them. ordered yesterday, but can take up two weeks for delivery.
This is awesome! Looks like Trifexis has relabeling in Australia so Elanco the manufacturer labels it as Comfort Plus in Aussie.

I pay $150 for 6 pills, BUT I can NOW get 12 pills for $140....that's highway robbery what we charge here.

Edit - :( they will not ship those to the good ol' US.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom