Vic Beasley Being Let Go (1 Viewer)

Quinn publicly stood behind Vic and said he'd turn him around.
Vic held out of Voluntary workouts (strike 1).
Quinn wanted to work with him 1 on 1 and from what I could tell that never really materialized before the season started.

It's not that he's bad, he actually came around at the end of the season. He's just not the guy they drafted. Tak hasn't really had a great career so far either so I'm guessing they'll be targeting pass rusher early in the draft again.

Vic beasted his rookie season and then under performed the other 4. I don’t follow the failclowns so I don’t remember if they changed DC’s or LB coaches during Vic’s tenure but for someone with his speed and talent maybe a change of scenery and scheme could be a good thing so long a we don’t over pay
In his second year they had him dropping into coverage, he never really recovered.

I think he is viewed as underperforming, over paid, and a locker room cancer. there is no other reason to so publicly fire him.

I could be wrong, I know he’s listed as a LB but didn’t he play a lot at DE. I know there was a few years when we played them he lined up at DE a lot. Is there a site that lists the amounts of snaps he had at LB and DE to see if he was being played out of position?

There's obviously something behind the scenes that went on.
Hearing Vic is a cancer and me first guy from the chatter.

But that's only one side of the story.

He was on gear coming out of Clemson but he regressed after that first season as he lost size. He was on gear in the second half of last season. He gained considerable size and strength that had been lacking. He will come back down to earth without that stuff. His head is outside of football. Stay far away from him.

There's obviously something behind the scenes that went on.

Dont doubt it. I made a joke on twitter that no one would go after Beasely but i could totally see us making a play on him for cheap. His rep has been shattered and production down. 1year deal, comes in and Nielsen squeezes some juice out of the fruit that the falcons couldn't.

The only reason I want the Saints to sign him is how freaking amazing it would be if he turned it around in New Orleans. Really anything that can bring misery to the Falcons is worth considering.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom