Vic Beasley on the trading block (1 Viewer)

Indeed it is!

I remember many on this board a few years ago wanted Beasley in the first round. Happy those days of terrible Saints defenses are over!

Saints FO is smart and have been playing expert Moneyball in recent years, for the most part. If we trade for anyone, it'll be for a name nowhere to be found in the current swirl of speculative stories.

I mean....if the dude wasn’t making $13 million a year, I’d say throw up a 6th or 7th rounder for him.

What’s the saying? You can never have too many pass rushers?

He led the league in sacks a couple years ago and now drops into coverage half the time. We’ve established Dan Quinn is an idiot. Who knows what Beasley would do under a good defensive coordinator?

With Nielson coaching him up I think he would do well.

Indeed it is!

I remember many on this board a few years ago wanted Beasley in the first round. Happy those days of terrible Saints defenses are over!

Saints FO is smart and have been playing expert Moneyball in recent years, for the most part. If we trade for anyone, it'll be for a name nowhere to be found in the current swirl of speculative stories.
Talk about busts.
Yeah, many of us would have loved to draft him and were disappointed he went to the Falcons. He checked all the boxes and looked to be a safe draft pick. But we can't talk too much. We took the other Clemson linebacker, Stephone Anthony. I remember thinking that maybe we got the leftover linebacker just like we got Rickey Jackson instead of Hugh Green. In this case, both were duds.

Last edited:
I mean....if the dude wasn’t making $13 million a year, I’d say throw up a 6th or 7th rounder for him.

He led the league in sacks a couple years ago and now drops into coverage half the time. We’ve established Dan Quinn is an idiot. Who knows what Beasley would do under a good defensive coordinator?
Quinn was the highly touted defensive guru from Seattle's legion of boom. Right now, they have a potent offense and an atrocious defense. They lost their offensive coordinator to San Fran and they now have a monster defense.

In his big year, he got sacks on like 15 of his 16 pressures or something ridiculous like that. DLs rarely get that high of sack percentage on pressures. I think it was a fluke. If our d-line wasn't so deep this year, I'd maybe say take a flier on him with a 7th rounder, but I'd rather not even if he was cheaper. A WR or CB depth would be the way to go for us.

I thought that he was going to be good. He was actually a pretty good player early in his career. The Falcons ruined him.

That's cute that Atlanta thinks a team will give up draft picks for this guy. Keep dreaming.

How does a guy go from 15.5 sacks to this? He led the league in sacks in 2016 and was named First Team All Pro. You don't get 15.5 sacks in the NFL by being terrible at football. The guy is 27 years old and he should be in his prime. What a strange situation. The falcons can't trade him because his contract is obscene and he doesn't help them much on the field.

Hopefully he'll leave in free agency this offseason and put up Pro Bowl numbers for some AFC team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom