Vic Fangio thanks Dome Patrol while being introduced as Broncos Head Coach (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Fangio has thanked various groups of players he's coached in his intro press conference. He gave special mention to the Dome Patrol.

..all the way back to the linebackers in New Orleans in 1986, when I started coaching, better known as the Dome Patrol. What those guys did for me was set the bar high and once the bar's set high then you don't accept much less. So when I'm looking at players I know what a good player looks like because these guys set the bar high.

I'm glad he's getting a chance. Hoping it makes the Bears defense fall back a bit too.

Fangio's experience with greatness early in his career obviously shaped his expectations going forward. That's a big thing for a coach I think. Sure, you contribute to the greatness of those you're coaching, but those you're coaching also give you an impression of what players are capable of.

This is why I have faith Payton will find the right QB heir in the future. After coaching Brees, he knows the standard.

It’s been a long time since he was here but clearly it left an impression.

The guy has been around forever. Just wondering why its taken so long to get a HC spot.

Looking forward to playing them next year in the SB

The guy has been around forever. Just wondering why its taken so long to get a HC spot.

He was asked about this during his press conference. I can't remember his exact answer, but he seemed to imply that he could've had a HC job before if he wanted to, but he didn't think he had the right opportunity in the past.

Also thanked Coach Mora and Joe Marciano. Class moves. Expect Marciano or Mike Priefer to be the Broncos next special teams coach.

Kudos to him, those old Saints teams were our peak in my youth.

If they don't trade away Von Miller, that defense is going to be much better going forward.

Denver reminds me of the Ravens from the early to mid 2000's. They won a SB with all defense and then went on to spend years focusing solely on defense for better or worse. Denver is becoming like that since 2015. If only they had a QB, they would be back in the post season.

Nice to hear him give props to the Dome Patrol and his fellow coaches during that era. We had an all-star defensive coaching staff in those days with Steve Sidwell, Vic Fangio, Dom Capers, and John Pease. While Capers and now Fangio made it to head coach, kind of surprised that neither Sidwell or Pease was ever able to get a shot.

Broncos defense will be quite a bit better next year for sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom