Video VICE: The death of NFL star Will Smith (1 Viewer)

FatCitySaint

Drag The Waters
Reaction score
Thought you guys/gals might be interested. This one still hurts. RIP big Will :(

Not sure how I feel about this piece, man I just wish it never happened.

Used to pass by his gravesite daily, truly was one of the most underrated players to ever put on a uniform.

That raises all kinds of feelings for me but mostly just sadness. I feel sad for all parties involved and it was so avoidable. The kids on both sides pay the highest price. On one hand I do believe Hayes feared for his life but at the same time had he of not had his gun things probably would've transpired differently. I think all parties were in the wrong and 2 fathers were needlessly taken from their children.

I got 15 minutes in, and I stopped watching. This is all about trying to paint the killer in a sympathetic light and I ain't buying. They should be grateful for the manslaughter conviction because, IMO, he was guilty of murder 2. Yes, Smith committed at least 2 crimes that night; DUI and hit & run. Neither of those crimes are punishable by death. Hayes chased Smith down and instead of calling the police, he committed assault with a deadly weapon by ramming Smith's vehicle with his own. He then proceed to exit his vehicle with his gun in hand.

Hayes had ample opportunities to do the right thing, but he chose to escalate the situation at each pivotal moment. According to investigators, Hayes shot 9 times, the first shot hit Smiths's wife and the second hit Smith in the chest. The remaining SEVEN shots were all to Smith's back as Hayes walk him down and executed him. Period. End of Story.

I got 15 minutes in, and I stopped watching. This is all about trying to paint the killer in a sympathetic light and I ain't buying. They should be grateful for the manslaughter conviction because, IMO, he was guilty of murder 2. Yes, Smith committed at least 2 crimes that night; DUI and hit & run. Neither of those crimes are punishable by death. Hayes chased Smith down and instead of calling the police, he committed assault with a deadly weapon by ramming Smith's vehicle with his own. He then proceed to exit his vehicle with his gun in hand.

Hayes had ample opportunities to do the right thing, but he chose to escalate the situation at each pivotal moment. According to investigators, Hayes shot 9 times, the first shot hit Smiths's wife and the second hit Smith in the chest. The remaining SEVEN shots were all to Smith's back as Hayes walk him down and executed him. Period. End of Story.

Yeah I stopped after 5 minutes. Just did not want to hear it right now. It is sad all around. Maybe in the offseason I'll get around to watching the whole thing.

Totally agree.

I just don't get this.

What is the reason to make it? The man was shot in the back on the way back to protect his shot wife.

the system everything and everyone instead of the real problem.

If you want to get real and put it where it belongs it is he had not grown enough as a human to deal with problems without violence. That is a home and education problem.

So let's talk about schools and his upbringing. That is the real problem.

Being a parent is the most important job in the world. I just wish we as people would finally understand that.

Will Smith could have also de-escalated the situation as well. Telling a man with a gun in his hand "I'm goin to get my gun and shot you" is not smart. Hayes got manslaughter for the multiple shots he fired. It was a fair sentence. Had Hayes only shot once it would have justifiable homicide. It's hard to accept as a Saints fan but Smith's death was just as much his own fault as Hayes'

Will Smith could have also de-escalated the situation as well. Telling a man with a gun in his hand "I'm goin to get my gun and shot you" is not smart. Hayes got manslaughter for the multiple shots he fired. It was a fair sentence. Had Hayes only shot once it would have justifiable homicide. It's hard to accept as a Saints fan but Smith's death was just as much his own fault as Hayes'
Yeah....

The problem with this incident is no Saints fan can admit they looked at it without bias.

For example in a previous comment

“The man was shot in the back while trying to protect his shot wife”

No evidence to support that whatsoever. The more logical explanation is he was shot in the back after saying he was going to retrieve his gun and she was shot in the process.

This situation pains me as a Saints fan but Will Smith had a history of violent behavior and he was heavily intoxicated.

Take off the Black and Gold glasses. If not for an outdated Law, Hayes would not have been convicted at all because the jury wasn’t unanimous in its verdict. There’s clearly some reasonable doubt in play here.

Will Smith lost his life and another man will spend 25 years of his life behind bars and i ask myself if the man who was killed wasn’t a local football hero how it may have played out differently.

The problem with this incident is no Saints fan can admit they looked at it without bias.

For example in a previous comment

“The man was shot in the back while trying to protect his shot wife”

No evidence to support that whatsoever. The more logical explanation is he was shot in the back after saying he was going to retrieve his gun and she was shot in the process.

This situation pains me as a Saints fan but Will Smith had a history of violent behavior and he was heavily intoxicated.

Take off the Black and Gold glasses. If not for an outdated Law, Hayes would not have been convicted at all because the jury wasn’t unanimous in its verdict. There’s clearly some reasonable doubt in play here.

Will Smith lost his life and another man will spend 25 years of his life behind bars and i ask myself if the man who was killed wasn’t a local football hero how it may have played out differently.
Being drunk is not an excuse to be murdered in cold blood.

Who is this clown trying to make it into a racial issue?
Not sure, don't even think he's from NOLA and the more he talks, the less he seems impartial. Seems like he's championing a side instead of just giving everyone the facts.

I understand Hayes is a human, still doesn't make it right to exit the car with a GUN after ramming the back of their vehicle.

Not that WS was blameless, but when you exit your vehicle with a gun, you're not the one defending yourself, you have become the aggressor imho.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom