Vick 3rd best QB in NFL still? (1 Viewer)

shrike3000

Holding Out of TC
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Alot of QB rankings had moved Vick up to the 3rd best QB in the NFL after only 2 good games in a row... seeing him today just reinforces its the same old Mike Vick.

Flashes of brilliance has never described a player better after 6 years in the league.

Everyone will be off his wagon now. Vick Mania is offically over for now. Until he has another good game, then he'll be the best ever again.

Everyone will be off his wagon now. Vick Mania is offically over for now. Until he has another good game, then he'll be the best ever again.

You are so right. Thats how the media is with Vick. Every good game, he is the best ever. Bad game, he is a bust. How about give the guy a whole season to prove himself as an actual QB before ever declaring him the guy who "revolutionizes" the position.

Well by seeing y'alls posts you definately didn't see the game. I will admit he had a fumble and 2 INT's, but the one at the end he just threw it in the endzone as the time ran out, so that doesn't really count. He passed very accurate today, and TWO 3rd downs were killed because of dropped passes, and I don't mean tough catches I mean right in their chest, Crumpler and Roddy (again). At one point the announcer said we had dropped at least 6 passes. Why do you think he did so well the last few weeks? Because our receivers and O-line stepped up.. Our O-line played well this game but the receivers didn't

And don't say it's because he throws too hard, Tom Brady absolutely ROPES the ball, probably harder than Vick, these are professionals they should catch a ball in their chest.

Last edited:
Well by seeing y'alls posts you definately didn't see the game. I will admit he had a fumble and 2 INT's, but the one at the end he just threw it in the endzone as the time ran out, so that doesn't really count. He passed very accurate today, and TWO 3rd downs were killed because of dropped passes, and I don't mean tough catches I mean right in their chest, Crumpler and Roddy (again). At one point the announcer said we had dropped at least 6 passes. Why do you think he did so well the last few weeks? Because our receivers and O-line stepped up.. Our O-line played well this game but the receivers didn't

And don't say it's because he throws too hard, Tom Brady absolutely ROPES the ball, probably harder than Vick, these are professionals they should catch a ball in their chest.
I didn't see the game, but from reading the Falcons board this afternoon the two biggest culprits were definitely the receivers and the D-coordinator. There have been games earlier this season (vs. Giants, vs. Saints) when Vick deserved much of the blame. The reality is that the Falcons are just not in sync...and they had better get it together this week, because if they lose to Cleveland next week, we're looking at the beginnings of a monumental collapse...and heads will roll. And from watching the Browns this season, I think Cleveland will at least make it a game.

Well by seeing y'alls posts you definately didn't see the game. I will admit he had a fumble and 2 INT's, but the one at the end he just threw it in the endzone as the time ran out, so that doesn't really count. He passed very accurate today,
Hmmm....He was 10/22 passing before the final garbage time drive.

Wow.. please re-read my post. Did you NOT see where I said how many drops we had??? The announcer was astounded during the game, saying these drops are just killing drives. He said we had at LEAST 6 drops, I'm not talking about the last drive.. Why do you think Crumpler called out Roddy White last week?

Wow.. please re-read my post. Did you NOT see where I said how many drops we had??? The announcer was astounded during the game, saying these drops are just killing drives. He said we had at LEAST 6 drops, I'm not talking about the last drive.. Why do you think Crumpler called out Roddy White last week?

At some point in the revolving door of 1st round WR's that is the Falcons roster, doesn't any stop and ask themselves "Well gosh, we can't possibly be blowing it on all of these recievers.
Maybe there's a coorelating factor here?"

No, probably not. They'll draft another next year and he'll drop passes too. And on and on it goes...

So can you honestly say that last week, after only 2 consistent performances he deserved to be ranked as the 3rd best QB in the NFL?

I didnt say he was trash and the only one to blame... just that when people start freaking out after 2 games it is the pure definition of overrated.

So can you honestly say that last week, after only 2 consistent performances he deserved to be ranked as the 3rd best QB in the NFL?

I didnt say he was trash and the only one to blame... just that when people start freaking out after 2 games it is the pure definition of overrated.

Not like this is the first time it's happened. Two years ago he had a monster game vs Denver, completed 75% of his passes, threw 2 TDs, Atlanta won. Was his "breakout" game in terms of passing. He came out and thumped his chest, talked about how he really showed his critics....

of course it was momentary. Just like now.

Let's watch him put together a season. Heck, lets see him put together a nice 4 or 6 game stretch. Stringing 2 games together just isn't enough to be called "great".

Ahh, yes, it's always someone else never Vick. The announcers love Vick. He's the greatest player that's ever taken the field. We can't lay any blame at his feet because we're still waiting for him to revolutionize the game as was promised.

Ahh, yes, it's always someone else never Vick. The announcers love Vick. He's the greatest player that's ever taken the field. We can't lay any blame at his feet because we're still waiting for him to revolutionize the game as was promised.

As if a running QB is remotely new. The game used to be ALL running QBs. Then the forward pass was invented and, lo-and-behold, people discovered QBs are more effective throwing it rather then running it.

"Running QBs" aren't new and revolutionary, they're old, archiac, and outdated.

Figure it out Falcons

I have never said Vick was a top 3 Qb. The media overhypes him I agree, just like your man Reggie Bush. I have no control over that.

And LSSpam, if you actually saw the game, yes, you would say that about our receivers.. Vick should have easily been 65% today. And no telling how much better if those two 3rd downs would have been caught that were RIGHT in the receivers chest, which made us have to punt and put our horrible and banged up defense back on the field.

Do you blame Tony Romo for the TO drop today? Didn't think so..

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom