Vick 3rd best QB in NFL still? (1 Viewer)

lmao when did I say he was SPECTACULAR?? Man I must not remember that one.. In the previous post I told you he made two key mistakes, he fumbles too much, he threw a bad INT, didn't I JUST say that?

Don't talk about a single other faction of the Falcons orgainzation. Do so, and I'll just utilize the ignore feature from here on out :)

By saying this, you just proved MY point that when the Falcons lose, all outsiders put the ENTIRE loss on Vick. I never said he had nothing to do with the loss, because he did. But does that negate the fact that our defense gave up 500 yards to the 1-6 Detroit Lions? Or that we failed on two key third downs because of dropped passes that hit the receivers in the chest? Meaning we had to punt instead of having first downs, and putting a horrible defense back on the field?

I don't put the entire loss on Vick's shoulders; heck, half the time, I only care that the Saints have the chance to gain or put a leg up on the Falcons after the fact.

It's as a fan of the National Football League that I get vexed at Vick's career-long free pass for struggling. You still didn't address Vick's struggles, even after I put it in italicized boldface text, and now I will add you to my ignore list. I refuse to trade posts with someone who can't do something as simple and elementary as that which I requested. It's typical behavior of Falcons fans, and probably indicative of bigger problems in Georgia, but nonetheless I won't subject myself to it.

http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/playerstats.asp?id=5448&Submit=Go

Check this breakdown of Vicks' incompletions

9 % of his incompletions were caused by dropped passes
42.3 % caused by poor throws
6.4 % caused by interceptions

That's a VERY skewed stat. Would you expect that 50% of someones incompletions were drops? Not possible. Does it count how many of those passes were throwaways on broken plays? Plus that site is completely unofficial so I would never base my opinion on that..

BTW because at the AF board we have someone keeping up with it, the link below will show you that Vick really doesn't throw many more bad passes than most qb's, and this is judging the NE/Indy game. Vick is just held under a different light because people hype him up so much, so ANY bad throw he makes, everyone is just like "Same ole Vick" blah whatever..

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=197212

sm_earhorn.jpg

WHAAAAAAA? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!

Dare I repeat, Vick fans like to blame everyone but Vick for Vick's struggles. Address that.

Well I don't think you ignored me because I'm not the usual troll/ignorant Falcons fan.

I can't speak for other Vick fans, but in my previous post I JUST said he is definately to blame for the loss and I said why, I don't see how you think I didn't answer your question..

But that doesn't mean he is COMPLETELY to blame, as I said our D gave up 500 yards and we had some key drops.

You better hope somebody quotes you, because otherwise this is all I see:

Falcs
This message is hidden because Falcs is on your ignore list.

Maybe non Falcon fans like to blame Vick because everyone is so quick to credit him with any success the Falcons have. The comparison to his cousin is valid because they both think they are better than they really are.

Just because they both think they are better than they really are doesn't make it a valid argument. TO thinks he's the best football player the game has ever seen and he isn't. Bottom line, EVERY player thinks they are great, if they didn't they wouldn't be a competitors and would never get better, it's called confidence, and you won't be effective without it..

Check the stats and career accomplishments for Vick compared to Brooks that I posted on the 2nd page of this thread. Vick's accomplishments FAR exceed Brooks with a less talented team overall.. How many times has Brooks been to the playoffs again?

Why Saints fans continue to compare Vick and Brooks I don't know. Because they are cousins? I agree with everything you have said except for the Brooks and Vick comparison. How many times did Brooks take your team to the playoffs? Win a playoff game in GB for the first time in Favre's career? Take a mediocre team to the NFC championship game? I would argue that the '02 AND '04 Saints teams (not including Qb's) were better than the '02 and '04 Falcons, y'all have always had talent and I've always thought the Saints were a dangerous team..

BTW this is only Vick's 4th year starting.
'02 record: 9-6-1, playoff win in GB..
'03 record (Vick out for first 12 games): 5-11 (including 2-10 w/o Vick, 3-1 once he returned)
'04 record: Vick returns, 11-5, NFC South Title and NFCCG..
'05 record: 8-8, worst Falcons defense in the last 5 years, last in the league at stopping the run, pretty much equivalent to the Colts D this year(outside of D-Hall who y'all think is overrated anyway).
'06: 5-3 and defense starting to play horrible again, 500 yd's to Steelers, big game against Cincy, and gave up almost 500 yds to DETROIT, horrible (albeit we are pretty banged up)..

You cannot honestly say that he hurts our team..

I realize Vick is overhyped but I can understand why, but he is criticized at least as much as he is praised.
Vick is a 3 time pro bowler and a top 5 MVP candidate in '02, no comparison to Brooks..

You make fair points, and I can understand the frustration with the rest of your team not supporting Vick.

My comparison of Brooks and Vick did not have to do with talent level. What I was comparing was the fact that they are both huge potential guys. We knew through most of our Brooks years if he could just put it all together we would be an elite team. I figure you guys have to be getting fed up with the inconsistency.

I honestly feel a little sorry for you guys... Vick is not the QB I would want on my team. I never know exactly what I will get any given sunday. I don't think anyone would say they don't want Manning or Brady on their team, which is one of the reasons i was so bothered by the #3 QB rating.

It does seem a little odd that there have been so many successful receivers from other places that can't seem to get their stuff together when playing with Vick.

Vick is criticized by anyone NOT involved with the Falcons in a supporting role (ie, not the coaches, fans, FO). All the FanaVICKs must have some wheel they spin when the Falcons lose, and whoever it lands on, thats who gets blamed for the loss. It could be the defense, the WRs, the oline, the coaching, or the guy who salted the popcorn in the upper level concession stands nearest the north end zone. Needless to say, Vick is nowhere to be found on this hypothetical wheel.
Ha good popcorn one.

we have the third best qb in the league

Well by seeing y'alls posts you definately didn't see the game. I will admit he had a fumble and 2 INT's, but the one at the end he just threw it in the endzone as the time ran out, so that doesn't really count. He passed very accurate today, and TWO 3rd downs were killed because of dropped passes, and I don't mean tough catches I mean right in their chest, Crumpler and Roddy (again). At one point the announcer said we had dropped at least 6 passes. Why do you think he did so well the last few weeks? Because our receivers and O-line stepped up.. Our O-line played well this game but the receivers didn't

And don't say it's because he throws too hard, Tom Brady absolutely ROPES the ball, probably harder than Vick, these are professionals they should catch a ball in their chest.

actually they should catch the ball with their hands - but i disagree, the way a qb throws the ball affects the receiver, but having said that i dont think they have great receivers, alge thinks every catch he makes is the greatest thing in the world

we have the third best qb in the league

i agree....drew is playing lights out...aside from the ravens game, DB has played pretty darn good....and he gets better each game...given a choice, i would pick brees over vick without a doubt

The Bottom Line is.........

I agree he fumbles too much, and threw a pick that was almost ran back today. The other pick was garbage time, he threw it into the endzone as time expired. He still had 80 yards rushing.

The Falcons only had 7 turnovers TOTAL this season going into the Lions game, and y'all act like all Vick/Falcons do is make mistakes on offense. Seven TO's in 6 games is not bad..

I do blame Vick when he is to blame. Go check the Falcons board, with our fans, EVERYTHING is on Vick ALL the time, I don't know where you're getting that from. Anytime we lose a game, the Vick haters pop up from everywhere, and it's all on Vick, regardless of what happened. And that's exactly how other teams and ESPN look at the games, if we lose all y'all say is "lol Vick was horrible" and if he's good yall say it was a fluke, even though you DID NOT see the game, and you did NOT see the game today. He could throw for 300 yds, 3 TD's and 1 int, and everyone would say "That INT killed y'all, Vick really blew it."

He did make some costly mistakes today, but that doesn't mean the ENTIRE loss was on him, which you all insist it was. How about our defense giving up 500 yards to the DETROIT LIONS?

Do you 100% blame Brady for the loss tonight? Probably not and he had FOUR INT's. Two of them were probably the receivers fault, and they still had a good chance to win.

Mike Vick is an inconsistent, great every 10 games QB.....The Falcons will never accomplish anything of note with him under center now that teams have him figured out..........LOL, and i love it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom