Vick on the 7 toughest places to play (1 Viewer)

Kind of surprised Buffalo is on that list. Inclement weather I guess.

Possibly the dumbest thing I've read here this year.
I wonder if he hates cats, are one of the few animals that kill other animals they are not planning to eat of for protection. Or maybe even thanos from avengers.

I can get even dumber

What every hypocritical moral judge on this thread does to those pigs, cows, and chickens everyday at lunch and dinner time is unforgivable :shrug:
Slaughtering an animal for food versus beating or electrifying a dog to death for entertainment are not the same. That is like comparing a boxing match between two adults and a parent beating their 5 year old kid.

Slaughtering an animal for food versus beating or electrifying a dog to death for entertainment are not the same. That is like comparing a boxing match between two adults and a parent beating their 5 year old kid.

There’s no such thing as good slaughter. Slaughter is slaughter no matter what animal it is. No animal asks nor deserves to be murdered or tortured for any kind of human gratification. Keep the slaughtering innocent animals standard equal. Otherwise it’s hypocritical to judge another person discretionally deciding the lifespan of dogs while the same people arguing about that arrogantly participates in terminating the lives of innocent animals everyday to fill their stomach. If Vick will be reminded of his actions almost 2 decades ago, its more than fair for people to be reminded of indulging slaughtered animals everyday. But of course it doesn’t feel good to have animal death participation on one’s conscience in the exact way the same individuals are trying to keep it on Vick’s conscience years later. It doesn’t feel good to receive that same animal-killing criticism that was dished out. Society only cares about justifying their own selfish needs instead of holding themselves to the same moral standard that they hold others to

Last edited:
There’s no such thing as good slaughter. Slaughter is slaughter no matter what animal it is. No animal asks nor deserves to be murdered or tortured for any kind of human gratification. Keep the slaughtering innocent animals standard equal. Otherwise it’s hypocritical to judge another person discretionally deciding the lifespan of dogs while the same people arguing about that arrogantly participates in terminating the lives of innocent animals everyday to fill their stomach. If Vick will be reminded of his actions almost 2 decades ago, its more than fair for people to be reminded of indulging slaughtered animals everyday. But of course it doesn’t feel good to have animal death participation on one’s conscience in the exact way the same individuals are trying to keep it on Vick’s conscience years later. It doesn’t feel good to receive that same animal-killing criticism that was dished out. Society only cares about justifying their own selfish needs instead of holding themselves to the same moral standard that they hold others to
What a crock.

If you committed the abhorrent crime of killing dogs, I doubt you’d get life in prison. I absolutely hate what he did and felt that he deserved what was handed to him.

Vick went to prison, lost millions and had his reputation irreparably damaged in the eyes of folks like you. He has spent years trying to atone for those crimes. There are everyday folks who have committed the crime of animal cruelty and they aren’t serving decades in prison; whether they should is a different discussion.

Depending on what you do for a living, there are some industries where you can have a criminal background/shady past and it not affect your earning potential; Vick happened to seek employment in such an industry.

At the end of the day, I feel that Vick is contrite and very regretful over his past sins. Does this erase his transgressions from man’s ledger? No. But, I try to practice forgiveness, because I may need the same kindness extended to me one day. Maybe you should try giving forgiveness a chance.

Awesome post.

vickbird.jpg

Some of you act like you forgot who he played for.

IMO, nobody here should have anything good to say no matter what he did on or off the field.

What he did to those dogs isn’t forgivable.

I am one of those dog people who actually believe that dogs are far higher spiritual species than us humans. But he was a young kid from really rough growing up period, so personally, I forgive him and would like to see him be a true inspiration to another generation of kids. One of the most wonderful traits that we humans can occasionally access is the ability to understand when we have gone outside of decency hurting others, the realization of the wrongs and completely turning around our lives. I thought Vick was a punk when he was playing. I deeply respect the young man for his changes and truly wish him the best in his life

I am one of those dog people who actually believe that dogs are far higher spiritual species than us humans. But he was a young kid from really rough growing up period, so personally, I forgive him and would like to see him be a true inspiration to another generation of kids. One of the most wonderful traits that we humans can occasionally access is the ability to understand when we have gone outside of decency hurting others, the realization of the wrongs and completely turning around our lives. I thought Vick was a punk when he was playing. I deeply respect the young man for his changes and truly wish him the best in his life
What has he done to garner all of this respect and admiration? I used despise Chuck Muncie for what he did to this team but then in his post career life he devoted his time to helping addicts to turn their lives around. He went to schools and told his story so that maybe he could make a difference in a young person's life. That's worthy of respect and forgiveness. Vick hasn't done squat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom