Vick on the 7 toughest places to play (1 Viewer)

wow, how long since Ron Mexico has made an appearance on SR

my dog.

giphy.gif

Murder of an animal for entertainment value is not forgive able. He was barely punished and if he wasn’t mike Vick he would still be in jail. He should have never been allowed back in the league. If I had the same charges, I would be lucky to find a job working at McDonalds. Because he can make millions for the league, the NFL forgave him.
If you committed the abhorrent crime of killing dogs, I doubt you’d get life in prison. I absolutely hate what he did and felt that he deserved what was handed to him.

Vick went to prison, lost millions and had his reputation irreparably damaged in the eyes of folks like you. He has spent years trying to atone for those crimes. There are everyday folks who have committed the crime of animal cruelty and they aren’t serving decades in prison; whether they should is a different discussion.

Depending on what you do for a living, there are some industries where you can have a criminal background/shady past and it not affect your earning potential; Vick happened to seek employment in such an industry.

At the end of the day, I feel that Vick is contrite and very regretful over his past sins. Does this erase his transgressions from man’s ledger? No. But, I try to practice forgiveness, because I may need the same kindness extended to me one day. Maybe you should try giving forgiveness a chance.

Murder of an animal for entertainment value is not forgive able. He was barely punished and if he wasn’t mike Vick he would still be in jail. He should have never been allowed back in the league. If I had the same charges, I would be lucky to find a job working at McDonalds. Because he can make millions for the league, the NFL forgave him.
Where did you grow up?

Was everything you’re famiky and frienda taught you and showed you in that time good compared to your current perspective? You ever make a serious mistake in life or make the wrong choice based on how you were raised? Did you ever ask forgiveness? Did you receive it?

If you supported Peterson when he was here then idk why what Vick did is unforgivable. Both are terrible actions, and both are products of a time most have left in the past. BUT if someone is taught from a young age that XYZ is good or acceptable then how are they to know any different?

While you’re up there on your soapbox damning someone, try to look around for some perspective outside of your own personal experiences. Try to understand that just bc someone did something terrible, that action does not make them a terrible person unworthy of forgiveness.

So do you hate all hunters too, or prize fisherman, or a 6 year old with a magnifying glass and an ant pile?

Arizona buffalo the raiders. Not recently for sure. It's not the hit that gets you in trouble,its the over and over and over sticky finger stuff that does. It appears he has some legit regret and has left the dogfighting bs in the past. The new Vick I can handle as long as it stays that way.

He tied dogs to a metal spring board and ran electricity through it to try to kill the ones who weren't aggressive enough. It didn't work. But that didn't stop him from trying again. He finally settled on drowning them.

He's human garbage. If you want to forgive him go ahead.

Where did you grow up?

Was everything you’re famiky and frienda taught you and showed you in that time good compared to your current perspective? You ever make a serious mistake in life or make the wrong choice based on how you were raised? Did you ever ask forgiveness? Did you receive it?

If you supported Peterson when he was here then idk why what Vick did is unforgivable. Both are terrible actions, and both are products of a time most have left in the past. BUT if someone is taught from a young age that XYZ is good or acceptable then how are they to know any different?

While you’re up there on your soapbox damning someone, try to look around for some perspective outside of your own personal experiences. Try to understand that just bc someone did something terrible, that action does not make them a terrible person unworthy of forgiveness.

Here is an excerpt from a book written about what happened. Hard to forgive cruelty like this. This wasn’t a mistake this is an absolute lack of compassion. Anyone this cruel doesn’t deserve my forgiveness.

Below is a snippet of The Lost Dogs: Michael Vick's Dogs and Their Tale of Rescue and Redemption.

“And then there was one last body that stood out from the rest. It had signs of of bruising on all four ankles and all along its side. Brownie had said that all the dogs that didn't die from being hanged were drowned, except one.
As that dog lay on the ground fighting for air, Quanis Phillips grabbed its front legs and Michael Vick grabbed its hind legs. They swung the dog over their head like a jump rope then slammed it to the ground. The first impact didn't kill it. So [they] slammed it again. The two men kept at it, alternating back and forth, pounding the creature against the ground, until at last, the little red dog was dead.”

So do you hate all hunters too, or prize fisherman, or a 6 year old with a magnifying glass and an ant pile?
No, I used to hunt and it has a purpose. See my above post with the quote from what he did to one of the dogs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom