Vick to Raiders? (1 Viewer)

just to throw this intresting thing into the mix although a bit unrelated, if you look at the amount of dropped passes by the 3 lead receivers and Rb for all the nfl teams, percentage and amount, for drops, atlanta isnt even in the top 5 for either, they did a article on the stats on a fantasy football site and i think nfl network also had an article about it. vick was also ranked 34th in deep ball success last year according to espn. Anyways just found these intresting things i never knew.

It will never happen in a million years. Even if somehow someone was willing to eat that contract, noone would want to because Vick isn't good. He has absolutely no trade value with his contract and the fact that he stinks all mixed in.
Remember this is the Raiders we are talking about.

Before I would get rid of him I would make him a running QB and see how far he could take the team. He would be used up after that year but oh well.

Shaub can be better, but this is a buisness.... Vick sells tickets, end of stories.... heck, they lost this weekend and what did you see more?, the saints highlights or that Vick play where he went 50 yards? ...that vick play ...exactly....

They should figure a way to get both players on the field... Gators style.... lol, that wouldnt work I know.... but Vick has had too many years now...

People say the Falcons WR's stink.... they arent great, but Vick doesnt thow with the best touch...

Shaub can be better, but this is a buisness.... Vick sells tickets, end of stories.... heck, they lost this weekend and what did you see more?, the saints highlights or that Vick play where he went 50 yards? ...that vick play ...exactly....

They should figure a way to get both players on the field... Gators style.... lol, that wouldnt work I know.... but Vick has had too many years now...

People say the Falcons WR's stink.... they arent great, but Vick doesnt thow with the best touch...
NFL receivers should be able to catch anything and everything, even Mexico's passes.

It will never happen in a million years. Even if somehow someone was willing to eat that contract, noone would want to because Vick isn't good. He has absolutely no trade value with his contract and the fact that he stinks all mixed in.

I couldn't agree more! plus add in the fact that the city/team would actually want to welcome him and his bad attitude. He should thank his lucky stars he remains in the ATL.

IF (this is a huge IF)...were to leave the Falcons I think the Raiders would be first in line for his services. BUT I've listened to and read alot of sportsmedia.... Falcons' owner Arthur Blank loves Vick. Blank wants a new HC to design an Offense around Vick's running and occasionally throwing skills. Mora's a dead man walking. So Mora's gone, Vick stays.....

Not a coach killer?

NFL receivers should be able to catch anything and everything, even Mexico's passes.

true, but you have to put them in position....

did anyone see the stats a few weeks back that Garrads passes are dopped 17% of the time and Leftwichs was dropped only like 6%?

I think there is something to a more "catchable" ball

true, but you have to put them in position....

did anyone see the stats a few weeks back that Garrads passes are dopped 17% of the time and Leftwichs was dropped only like 6%?

I think there is something to a more "catchable" ball

I think its more due to the fact that the receivers never know if Vick is running or throwing the ball. The same thing goes for Garrard, if Vick starts to scramble around the receivers stop their routes while he might still throw the ball.

I don't know how anyone in this forum could think Vick is better than Shaub. After what we went through the last 5 years it is clear as day to me. Atlanta has talent, nobody is questioning that but they have no leadership on either side of the ball. Vick is a cancer. Even if he could throw the ball, which he can't, then that team would be no better than 8-8 because they LACK LEADERSHIP. For those that want to blame the WR's for Atlanta chew on this. They have 3 1st round picks, they have brought in two guys that have produced 1k yard seasons elsewhere and as soon as they got to Atlanta they stunk it up. For those that want to blame the offensive line they have had the #1 rushing attack 3 straight years and when Vick drops back he has no more time than Brees has this year. They have gone through 2 coaching staffs, they add big name players each year and regress. Yes, Shaub had some bad passing games as a ROOKIE but since his rookie year he has started one game and managed to put up better passing numbers than Vick has in his 69 games. That is not by chance. The guy threw for 300 yards 3 td's and no picks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom