Vick to Raiders? (1 Viewer)

If I were Vick, I'd probably retire before I go to the Raiders and have my career wasted away, similar to what's happening to Randy Moss right now. Plus, Vick wouldn't survive long in the AFC.

Hes not surviving in the NFC with the Falcons. His career is going to slip away no matter where he goes.

It still makes me laugh about how earlier this year all these "experts" were raving about how Vick was unstoppable because of the freakin spread option. You'd think an expert would realize that can't work in the NFL.

Imagine Vick, Moss, Brooks all on the same team. I wonder if they'd consider signing that Leon guy from the commercials?

Imagine Vick, Moss, Brooks all on the same team. I wonder if they'd consider signing that Leon guy from the commercials?

Moss was actually good and can still become a HOFer if he gets outa Oakland ASAP. Not his fault the Raiders O by historic proportions.

Moss was actually good and can still become a HOFer if he gets outa Oakland ASAP. Not his fault the Raiders O by historic proportions.
Moss is a fantastic athlete, and doess possess HOF skills. It's just his "I play when I want to Play" attitude I'm talking about.

Someone mentioned that an offense built around Vick would look like this; An empty back-field, FIVE Wide-Outs and Vick as the QB/RB! This would be very innovative yet it certainly would put a lot on vicks' shoulders and Lord knows what it would do to any timing routes (I don't think you could have any based on a QB jitter-bugging around based on pressure and defenseive schemes calling the shots) I see a lot of Int's if this were implemented.

So, where ever Vick plays, it means problems and also innovations for the Offensive Coordinator. I can't see the whole game of football being reinvented just to accomopdate one players abilities in one area and lack of skill in others. But that's just me and in this world, nothing seems to surprise me any more. A SAINTS Superbowl WIN would be a welcomed surprise however that is getting to seem much more like a reality!

!!!!!!!!!!!! GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is that a blessing? I prefer to get the two wins and watch anemic passes all game than go against a passer like Schaub.

Remember that before this season, we never won a game that Vick played in.

Remember that before this season, we never won a game that Vick played in.

We also had Haslett, Venturi and one of the worst defenses ever. Payton seems to have found a way to deal with Vick.

Why is that a blessing? I prefer to get the two wins and watch anemic passes all game than go against a passer like Schaub.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd prefer play against a guy who has no mobility and can be sacked and not run for 125 yards to a weapon like Vick.

What is Schaub gonna do, sit in the pocket and distribute to those all-world wide receivers the Falcons have? :_rofl:

We also had Haslett, Venturi and one of the worst defenses ever. Payton seems to have found a way to deal with Vick.

What? Let him run for 150 yards and pray his receivers drop balls? You guys are as bad as the media. Each week the story changes. One week a team sucks, the next they are the frontrunner (Dallas). One week a player is horrible and a cancer, and the next he's the best WR in football (Chad Johnson). Always a story out of nothing. Mountains out of molehills.

This is the same Mike Vick that has singlehandedly owned our team for years and years.

Last edited:
What? Let him run for 150 yards and pray his receivers drop balls? You guys are as bad as the media. Each week the story changes. One week a team sucks, the next they are the frontrunner (Dallas). One week a player is horrible and a cancer, and the next he's the best WR in football (Chad Johnson). Always a story out of nothing. Mountains out of molehills.

This is the same Mike Vick that has singlehandedly owned our team for years and years.

Payton's team has gotten the job done twice against Vick, which is more than I can say for Haz's teams that were dominated by him in the past. They nearly shut him down completely in September and kept him out of the end zone last Sunday. I hope Blank keeps banging his head against the wall in Atlanta and has Vick out there against Payton's Saints for many years to come.

Payton's team has gotten the job done twice against Vick, which is more than I can say for Haz's teams that were dominated by him in the past. They nearly shut him down completely in September and kept him out of the end zone last Sunday. I hope Blank keeps banging his head against the wall in Atlanta and has Vick out there against Payton's Saints for many years to come.

Vick never dominated us in the Haz years. Which is why the losses were so much more painful. I think he won 3 games with final drives during the haz years when we had a lead late. Oddly enough I don't remember him ever running wild on us either. Seemed like we'd always hold him to 60-80 yards. Of course he would often beat us with his arm. How many last minute hail mary's to Crumpler can a guy get to win a game?

Vick never dominated us in the Haz years. Which is why the losses were so much more painful. I think he won 3 games with final drives during the haz years when we had a lead late. Oddly enough I don't remember him ever running wild on us either. Seemed like we'd always hold him to 60-80 yards. Of course he would often beat us with his arm. How many last minute hail mary's to Crumpler can a guy get to win a game?

They weren't Hail Marys. They were great passes that he threw right into Crumpler's hands after beating the blitz by scrambling and rolling out. They were scary good plays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom