Vick's Dogs (1 Viewer)

I wish the dogs well, but there is no way I would want any of 'em around my family after what they've been through.

Our last horse, Felix, is at Best Friends now. The previous owner damaged his esophagus through abuse and we didnt know about it until he started choking on his food. It was deemed too dangerous for him to make the journey from Utah to NC when we moved (might choke to death in the trailer on the way), so we had to give him up. He gets really great care there. We will be visiting him soon, and Ill get to see Vick's dogs for myself. We could conceivably adopt one, as we are starting to talk about another dog, but not sure about that.

Here he is, Felix!

https://www.bestfriends.org/guardia...Set&entry=6BD03166-BDB9-396E-9BB46C58F8CD6C27

So I went and read that info on Felix. I'm sorry you lost your horse,but its great you get to visit. I do have one question though. When the person writing that story said:

"he had no idea what I wanted him to do when I looked at his rear end with intent."

What the heck is he talking about???

In Parelli training, when you look 'with intent' at either the shoulder or the rear/hip, the horse should move that part of his body away from you. You are mimicing what a boss horse would do to get another horse to comply.

Funny wording though :hihi:

This info is from my woman, I dont know the first thing about horse training personally.

Is there enough intent in this guy's eyes?

eyepopxq2.jpg

My wife tends to move when I look intently at her rear end too... ROFL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom