Victor Butler leaves Eagles without contract - PFT (1 Viewer)

JSR

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Clearly this dude wants eleventy billion dollars and a mansion made of candy, haha.

Or there is something that is coming up in his physical. Notice he's taken one for each team. Might not be anything to it, or there may. He could just be trying to start a bidding war.

from rotoworld....

Victor Butler - Dallas Cowboys - 2013 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Free agent OLB Victor Butler left his Eagles visit without a contract, but the sides have "mutual interest" in getting a deal done.

Butler's visit to contract ratio is now 0:4, suggesting his asking price simply isn't in line with his market value. With no other trips currently scheduled, however, it's possible he's on the verge of finally making a decision.

This dude is swinging for the fences isn't he? He may wanna rething his philosophy a bit. Perhaps a left-center gapper?

Gotta love his confidence though. Swing away Merrill!!!

Or he just wanted to visit everybody that had an interest in him to make sure he heard everybody's pitch. Some guys love being recruited. He's left all these places (including here) without a signed contract, not without contract offers. If he's made all his visits, then he'll make a decision soon.

Considering Philly has Cole, Barwin and a couple other good options if he wants the best chance to compete for a starting job then he'll sign with us.

Considering Philly has Cole, Barwin and a couple other good options if he wants the best chance to compete for a starting job then he'll sign with us.

This, eagles have barwin and cole, browns have kruger and jabaal sheard, if he wants to see the field sign with us.

Maybe he just wants to visit everybody he can before making a decision. I don't see anything wrong with that. And just because he left before signing a contract doesn't mean that he's not interested.

In a world of only 32 employers, who each value you differently, I can't blame him for talking to 4.

However, I am beginning to wonder if he is trying to get paid "proven starter" money.

Maybe he just wants to visit everybody he can before making a decision. I don't see anything wrong with that. And just because he left before signing a contract doesn't mean that he's not interested.

This. He probably has a 'high ball' offer he's starting out with, but there's nothing wrong with doing due diligence. My neighbor just listed her house for like 30k above even a generous price. Left it on the market a few weeks just in case anyone was desperate. She's since backed it down into the realistic range. Butler is probably doing the same.

Of the four teams he has visited we are the only contender and offer the best opportunity for him to get playing time. But if he wants to chase paper, I guess those two factors don't matter at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom