Victor Butler on Sirius XM MTC (1 Viewer)

nawlinsman77

Oblivion Rules
Reaction score
I missed the first part but what I heard were several interesting tidbits.

Said he was practicing pass rushing with Martez Wilson. Really passionate. Loves rob Ryan, and seemed like he wants to prove RR bringing him from Dallas was a good move. Says he wants to be a complete starter.

Likes having Vilma and Lofton as leaders on the inside.

Then spoke highly of Vacarro working out constantly, and the superdome noise level.

And then the only downside was he said Sean Payton reminded him of Jason garret in the way he carried himself lol.

But he redeemed himself with the next question which was, how do you compare romo to brees. He literally just laughed.

I hope this recaps it fairly well, im on my phone.

Talk about it!

I literally have 0 idea what to expect from our OLb's this year, but I'm hopefully excited.

I missed the first part but what I heard were several interesting tidbits.

Said he was practicing pass rushing with Martez Wilson. Really passionate. Loves rob Ryan, and seemed like he wants to prove RR bringing him from Dallas was a good move. Says he wants to be a complete starter.

Likes having Vilma and Lofton as leaders on the inside.

Then spoke highly of Vacarro working out constantly, and the superdome noise level.

And then the only downside was he said Sean Payton reminded him of Jason garret in the way he carried himself lol.

But he redeemed himself with the next question which was, how do you compare romo to brees. He literally just laughed.

I hope this recaps it fairly well, im on my phone.

Talk about it!

Thanks for recap . The part I loved was, practicing pass rushing, I'm sure that's standard but made me smile.

Did anybody hear the beginning?

Not quite understanding the Sean Payton answer.

Garrett's a buffoon. Payton is a genius.

Anyone else getting that feeling that this season is going to be a big one for the Saints? Everyone out there seems to be more or less discounting them. I get the feeling this team is going to play far better than anyone realizes. I've seen predictions from 8-8 to 10 - 6 from the so-called analysts. Everyone and his brother is picking the Falcons to repeat as NFC South champs. Still, I get this feeling that the Saints will be much better than anyone thinks. The last time I had this feeling was 2009--no joke. Before that? The post-Katrina year of 2006.

I hope I'm right again.

He talked about how he sees this is a special team and is doing what it takes to earn the team's trust and to fit in.. Things like letting someone else get water before him after practice, etc.. He also said it's still May, but he's excited to get after it for real.. He wants the chance to show that he can be a playmaker, a guy the team counts on.

With regard to the comparison between Brees and Romo, he said Drew is like no one else he's been around.. The way he integrates himself into the locker room is what makes him so great.. You'll see him doing deadlifts with the DL and then out doing sprints with the DBs..

As far as the comment about Payton reminding him of Garrett, it was mainly in how they carried themselves similarly.. He said that Sean has had a ton of energy in the few team meetings they've had.

Thanks much for the recap. Would love it if anyone has it recorded, ahem, paging jimrip! :worthy:

Yeah Payton is about as far from Garrett as two coaches could be from what I've seen, but in fairness to him, he's never experienced Payton on game day....that should be a nice wake up call for him! :covri:

Anyone else getting that feeling that this season is going to be a big one for the Saints? Everyone out there seems to be more or less discounting them. I get the feeling this team is going to play far better than anyone realizes. I've seen predictions from 8-8 to 10 - 6 from the so-called analysts. Everyone and his brother is picking the Falcons to repeat as NFC South champs. Still, I get this feeling that the Saints will be much better than anyone thinks. The last time I had this feeling was 2009--no joke. Before that? The post-Katrina year of 2006.

I hope I'm right again.

I am. It seems like the talking heads have pretty much written us off, and that seems like a foolish stance to me. The Mad Genius has had a year to rest and scheme, and the whole team has chips on their shoulders. If Ryan can field a decent defense and we luck out with injuries, this team will be back in the playoffs.

I am. It seems like the talking heads have pretty much written us off, and that seems like a foolish stance to me. The Mad Genius has had a year to rest and scheme, and the whole team has chips on their shoulders. If Ryan can field a decent defense and we luck out with injuries, this team will win another Superbowl.

There, fixt. :ezbill:

victor was trying to be polite about it. Same thing with the brees / romo comparison, but at first he couldn't even be politically correct. He just laughed then Tim Ryan and pat kirwin laughed and rephrased the question.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom