Victor Butler taking physical in Cleveland (mod edit) (1 Viewer)

bye bye

That's a missed opportunity

Now have 2 huge holes to fill in the draft

not good

Good, we already have two just like him already on the team.

bye bye

not good

Depends on from Who's view the holes are that large to fill.......if they were we would have brought someone in by now or if we felt butler could have helped @the right price we would have signed him.

In loomis i Trust.........if he didn't get signed then we probably didn't NEED him.

Can't be upset just have to look for other options.

lol add in Cleveland to ur title if you would plz :)

Not that worried about it.

Cowboys fans around here say he can rush the passer but not do anything else.

I don't see it as a hole with Galette and Wilson on the team. Plus we still have the draft. A position we could upgrade with a more proven commodity? Yeah, but not a hole.

Says he took a physical here also. Cleveland is loaded w/ LB's though. I'd be surprised if he signs there.

Man, that was a quick visit. Can only guess how that went...

We'll pay you more than anyone, Vic.
Done.

Maybe the Browns offered him more than we would because I definitely don't see him having a better opportunity to start there than here. They are proly set a OLB.

Butler supposedly took a physical for the Saints as well. We probably have an offer on the table for him, and it's take it or leave it at this point.

IMO, we don't NEED him. He'd be nice to have, but he's not a MUST-SIGN.

I think we put Galette at SOLB and draft a guy to battle it out with Tez for the other OLB spot.

People act like Wilson and Galette won't be able to get the job done at OLB. Plus from what I've heard so far our 3-4 will be alot like a 4-3 anyways with the under front. I'd rather them spend the rest of our money on a left tackle or safety. Call me crazy but I think were ok with our front 7 if we draft a DE or LB in the first round. Or I would like them to spend the rest on signing Nnamdi

bye bye

not good

It is shocking how many people do not understand FA, still do not have faith in our FO, and/or overreact so easily. Many of them are solid posters too. It really is mind boggling.

bye bye

not good

What two huge holes? Clearly, we need to get a veteran LT in to compete with Charlie Brown, but Butler was likely a guy who would have just competed with Galette and Wilson at Rush LB and Wilson and Hawthorne at SLB or been depth on this team. We could use a LB or two for depth, or a great starter, but I don't really see LB as having a huge hole on this team. I'm sure they will find a LT to come in and a veteran LB or two later in free agency. Especially this year where the money has really dried up for a lot of veterans and there are good deals to be made.

But, we are still in a position to take the best player on our board at a position of need in the draft.

Besides, Ryan knows Butler, if he lets him go elsewhere it's because he doesn't think he is going to be that break out player that some assume he will be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom