Victor Butler taking physical in Cleveland (mod edit) (3 Viewers)

Good, we already have two just like him already on the team.

Agreed....Wilson and Galette are just like Butler...guys trying to make a name for themselves and prove they can start in thus league....only problem is Saints fans respect other teams backup players more than their own. Your not going to come here and cash in...so let Cleveland pay him .

Don't freak out if he signs with the Browns. This guy is a depth not a starter.

*yawn* I think it is very common for FA's to take a physical when they visit a team. Wake me up when he signs somewhere.

Taking a physical does NOT equal him signing there. As said... he took a physical in N.O. too. Let the process play itself out guys.

People act like Wilson and Galette won't be able to get the job done at OLB.

Most of us really like Juhnya and Wilson. But their track record leaves big question marks if they actually can perform to a high level as starters. Galette did well as a situation player. Besides stunning athletic skills, Wilson has not proved he's ready for full time job yet. But I think Ryan knows more than me.

Browns throwing $$'s around, so it wont shock me if he ends up there. Sucks but its not like he the 2nd coming of Pat Swilling.

Good, we already have two just like him already on the team.

We have nobody on the outside anywhere near his level. They may be physically the same size but the similarity ends there until proven otherwise.

Don't most players take physicals when they interview?

Depends.

Most big name players are inked in principle and then the physical is the last hurdle. It's why you see players who are signed but pending a physical sometimes.

But, maybe with Butler they want to get a physical done before even talking turkey.

Don't most players take physicals when they interview?

I don't think so automatically. A lot of visits are likely a feeling out to both gauge the interest of the player towards the team and the team towards the player.

Physicals generally come towards the end of the process if the team feels like they are going to make the player an offer.

That's how I perceive the process anyway.

Or what BoNcHie said. :9:

Most of us really like Juhnya and Wilson. But their track record leaves big question marks if they actually can perform to a high level as starters. Galette did well as a situation player. Besides stunning athletic skills, Wilson has not proved he's ready for full time job yet. But I think Ryan knows more than me.

All true, but in regards to Victor Butler, you could just substitute his name for Galtette and Wilson and the post would be just as true. He did well as a situational player, but we don't know if he can do it as a starter and Ryan knows more about him than us.

Still the #1 player I want to sign that's been associated with the Saints. He took a physical in Pittsburgh too if report is correct

We have nobody on the outside anywhere near his level. They may be physically the same size but the similarity ends there until proven otherwise.
And visa versa.

There's nothing saying he'd be better than the two we have.

He couldn't even win a starting spot on a team who's defense was depleted by injury.

Funny how a week ago almost everyone on here were wanting him and now the red thumbs show up. Hmmmm?
Almost everyone is beyond hyperbole.

Unless you meant almost everyone who commented on the original thread.

But I know many are responding the same today as they did when he visited. That includes me.
I'm not saying the guy wouldn't be a good addition, but there's nothing proving he would be an upgrade.
Especially glad we're not overpaying for him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom