Victor Butler taking physical in Cleveland (mod edit) (2 Viewers)

Almost everyone is beyond hyperbole.

Unless you meant almost everyone who commented on the original thread.

But I know many are responding the same today as they did when he visited.

True. I think he would be a solid addition and a guy who would compete to start, but I'm not certain he would win a starting job. So, while signing him would be good, it's not the end of the world if we don't. That's been my thoughts on him all along. If he was more of a SLB than a Rush LB, I would feel different. But, as it is, he played some SLB, but apparently is better suited to just rushing the passer and we have at least two guys who have as much, if not more, potential to fill that role.

And visa versa.

There's nothing saying he'd be better than the two we have.

He couldn't even win a starting spot on a team who's defense was depleted by injury.
He's an olb, ware played 16 games, spencer 14 or 15. Butler started 1 game. When else could he start?

Depends on from Who's view the holes are that large to fill.......if they were we would have brought someone in by now or if we felt butler could have helped @the right price we would have signed him.

In loomis i Trust.........if he didn't get signed then we probably didn't NEED him.

I love Loomis and I think he's the best GM in the business, doesn't mean this FO doesn't make mistakes at times. I think this is one of them if we lose out on him, unless the Browns just made a foolishly high offer.

He's an olb, ware played 16 games, spencer 14 or 15. Butler started 1 game. When else could he start?
If he were that talented, he would have been playing a lot.

IMO, starting doesn't mean much. Not even on our team.
Once the game is started, guys rotate in and out all game long.
I find it hard to believe the guy didn't get his chances.

And another thing...... I see Dallas is kicking the tires on F/A's just like everybody else, yet I don't see any reports where they're just dying to have him back.

Again, I think he'd be a nice addition, but I'm not in the sky is falling camp because it looks like he may sign somewhere else.

And another, another thing...... this makes his third visit. Apparently the first two didn't think he was the next coming of Sack Monster either, or he'd be signed already.

But hey. I'm just a fan just like everyone else and an arm chair QB.

If he were that talented, he would have been playing a lot.

IMO, starting doesn't mean much. Not even on our team.
Once the game is started, guys rotate in and out all game long.
I find it hard to believe the guy didn't get his chances.

And another thing...... I see Dallas is kicking the tires on F/A's just like everybody else, yet I don't see any reports where they're just dying to have him back.

Again, I think he'd be a nice addition, but I'm not in the sky is falling camp because it looks like he may sign somewhere else.

And another, another thing...... this makes his third visit. Apparently the first two didn't think he was the next coming of Sack Monster either, or he'd be signed already.

But hey. I'm just a fan just like everyone else and an arm chair QB.
Man you said he couldn't win a starting spot, but he was in the only position probably not hit by injuries of the cowgirls last year. Even more, on one side there's an all-pro olb, on the other spencer who, albeit not great during his career, played extremely, extremely well last year. It's like asking why the reserves for harrison and woodley didn't play much time..would you take those guys off the field just to play a reserve unless it's really necessary? Not like spencer is the second coming of woodley, but he was playing his *** off last season

The reason why the cowgirls are not eager to bring him in is the same the steelers, the browns and we have..he's a 3-4 olb, and highly probably, not a 4-3 de. Also, they are like some hundred thousands dollars under the cap, if so, i don't think they will sign anyone soon unless they strike deals with spencer and **** (romo), but i still wouldn't see them bringing back butler.

I personally think that he's a depth player, a good rotational guy, and that he could help our team some..for the right price. The fact that this is the rhird team he visits may be because he wants too much money and wants to see who's willing to spend it.

All in all, i'd be happy if we signed him at the right price, i won't tear my hair off my head if another team overpays for him and i wouldn't be much happy if WE overpaid for him.

But we'll see what'll happen and trust loomis and the fo. We shall see

Butler is an intriguing young prospect who clearly showed flashed in Dallas. However, it takes two to get a deal done and we don't know if (1) he was asking too much here, (2) Cleveland is inclined to overpay like bad teams do or (3) we decided to go in another direction with our limited money!
I still trust in Mickey Loomis, who hits more than he misses in these type negotiations that always have implications beyond the player in question and beyond the year when it happens.

Depends on from Who's view the holes are that large to fill.......if they were we would have brought someone in by now or if we felt butler could have helped @the right price we would have signed him.

In loomis i Trust.........if he didn't get signed then we probably didn't NEED him.

This is the way I see it... If the Saints sign him, it's cuz they feel he's an upgrade over what we have an if they don't, it's because they feel he doesn't make the team better... If the guy was a game changer, he'd be signed already...

To many fans get over excited about some unknown free agent or a washed up big name free agent...

Im not dying these guys can't help but they aren't the player they were when they made that name for themselves...

Not that worried about it.

Cowboys fans around here say he can rush the passer but not do anything else.

I don't see it as a hole with Galette and Wilson on the team. Plus we still have the draft. A position we could upgrade with a more proven commodity? Yeah, but not a hole.

A pass rusher is what we need. Wilson is NOT a SOLB. And even if he was...you can't be a defense with only two OLBs on your ENTIRE roster. The Saints need AT LEAST two more OLBs to just fill the roster (and that's assuming that Wilson can play SOLB...which he can't).

This is the way I see it... If the Saints sign him, it's cuz they feel he's an upgrade over what we have an if they don't, it's because they feel he doesn't make the team better... If the guy was a game changer, he'd be signed already...

To many fans get over excited about some unknown free agent or a washed up big name free agent...

Im not dying these guys can't help but they aren't the player they were when they made that name for themselves...

I think that the Saints are just so strapped for cash that they are low-balling everyone hoping that they bite. Apparently, Cleveland has more money to spend. Asomugha is probably still weighing whether or not he wants to except the Saints low-ball offer.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Former <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Cowboys">#Cowboys</a> LB Victor Butler is leaving <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Browns">#Browns</a> visit without a contract and headed to Philly to visit <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Eagles">#Eagles</a>, source told PD.</p>&mdash; Mary Kay Cabot (@MaryKayCabot) <a href="https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/316278872008167425">March 25, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

@MaryKayCabot: Former #Cowboys LB Victor Butler is leaving #Browns visit without a contract and headed to Philly to visit #Eagles, source told PD.

I guess he will continue to tour to see if he can find someone foolish enough to overpay.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom