Victor Butler's pre-draft scouting report/combine (1 Viewer)

Sure. Let's bash a new poster who is actually making a football topic concerning a Saints player.

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Victor Butler

4.84 40
24 reps

One trick pony eh? Really all we need since most teams are trying to play catch up all game. I assume he won't be in on obvious running downs.

Yeah, I think we are / were a decent pass rusher away from solving a lot of our problems on D. Listening to this guy on wwl earlier he seemed to have the right attitude to improve his game and become a good run defender. Liking this signing more by the minute. Oh, and nice post..no sarcasm.

I have noticed when we draft a player or sign a player that is not rated super high. The conversations on the board always start out on the low end of the spectrum then as the days and weeks go on the player gets hyped little by little until each draft pick and signing becomes all pro in our minds by week 1 of the regular season.

I fully expect Butler to be the next Lawrence Taylor at least by the 3rd preseason game this year.

Sure. Let's bash a new poster who is actually making a football topic concerning a Saints player.

Yeah I actually think it is a good topic. People get too caught up in combine results. Some guys are just good at football.

JPP nor Freeney were supposed to go as early as they did. I don't put much stock in draft reports but they are interesting info to read. Obviously VB has moved onward and upward since this was written. The fact that Pittsburgh and Baltimore were interested tells me he should be pretty decent. I'm sure RR knows what to expect from him at this point.

If Dick LeBeau wanted him, I'm all but sold. The Steelers have been swapping out linebackers with nearly zero drop off for years.

I have noticed when we draft a player or sign a player that is not rated super high. The conversations on the board always start out on the low end of the spectrum then as the days and weeks go on the player gets hyped little by little until each draft pick and signing becomes all pro in our minds by week 1 of the regular season.

I fully expect Butler to be the next Lawrence Taylor at least by the 3rd preseason game this year.

Nice.

You forgot your manners.

Just trying to contribute to the board. I was interested in VB's past and thought I would share.

Dont sweat it man. Too many posters on here are concerned with bashing the OP instead of focusing on the topic at hand. Keep bringing Saints related insite and try to ignore those types of posters.

IF YOU DONT WANT TO READ IT. DONT CLICK THE THREAD.

Good information. Remember he has some NFL experience now and specifically has worked under Rob Ryan's system. I think he will contribute and be a solid player for us. :)

Good information. Remember he has some NFL experience now and specifically has worked under Rob Ryan's system. I think he will contribute and be a solid player for us. :)

Im excited, but even more relieved that we got him!He gives us much needed stability and depth at OLB.

Meanwhile, though experienced, he's young, so who knows, he might just be turning the corner as a pro. With us, he'll finally get his chance to start, and show what he's got.

You forgot "/sarcasm"....

You forgot your manners.

Just trying to contribute to the board. I was interested in VB's past and thought I would share.
To clarify my previous post:

As I said to HeHateMe2626 in a PM yesterday:
I didn't forget my manners. I thought his post, "nice post" was derogatory, and meant that he thought little of yours.

My post was meant to convey that I did, in fact, appreciate yours. Obviously, I didn't communicate that well.

Welcome to the boards. Next time you feel you need to "school me", perhaps a PM will do.
The matter has since been amicably resolved.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom