Victor Cruz Released.... (1 Viewer)

He'll be the Brandon Browner of the offense with 5 false starts per game..... I like what we have now with our young wide receivers.....so a pass for me

I'll say this...

The Seam routes were missing last year.

Josh Hill/ Coby Fleener seem like the same kind of TE except 1 is returning from Injury and only has 2 years left on a deal with a no trade clause and his cap hit dropped significantly this year.

We are 2 years removed from him being the "Jimmy G" replacement/ breakout season. Meanwhile Fleener is locked in for at least another year and Payton applauded Hooman without being asked during a late season interview. He likes how strong he is at the POA as a blocker.

Fleener/Hill are not seam route guys...they are more receiver TE's...i would not be surprised to see Hill cut and us add a TE to compliment Fleener who was already splitting snaps with Hill b4 he went down. Either we add a TE or another big WR but based on how Fleener was used in rotation last year I'd assume there is a role behind him as a 2nd receiving option that's available for snaps.

Just food for thought...as this didn't come to me fully (i was thinking late rounder) until Detellier made a mention of Evan Engram and he's got the body type that can take a hit down the middle and still hold on to the ball...and that was definitely missing from the offense this year.

Hes always hurt and we dont need him. We have an excellent young trio. We need guards and defense. Anything else just seems like a waste. Id only sign hin if someone went down

If someone wants to overpay for him, good luck to them.

If no one does, and his market's close to the minimum... I'd jump on that for a one year prove-it deal. Give him a year to show he can play at a high level. Get Drew to pump up Cruz's free agent market next season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom