Victoria's Secret-We're too sexy for.... (1 Viewer)

I'm sure it has nothing to do with a price tag of $40 for a small t-shirt with glitter on the front or $90 for a cotton pajama set.

I agree bra, VS = meh

She LOVES VS, or Vicki's as she affectionately calls it...
but she would be just as happy with Frederick's or Wicked Temptations

What this world needs more of is Victor's Little Secret.

sylvers01.jpg

More than getting "too sexy" I felt they went too young. The last few times I've shopped in their actual store, I felt like a dirty old man. (Well, I *am*, but I don't want to shop somewhere that reminds me of that.)

It was trying to hard too be hip and trendy and everything was labeled "PINK" and the decor went from soft to very harsh with lots of black & white geometric shapes. They were catering to teenagers.

If your target audience is looking for glamour, and pampering, and sensuality, then the changes they made in the past few years were in stark contrast to what that audience is willing to spend money on.

More than getting "too sexy" I felt they went too young. The last few times I've shopped in their actual store, I felt like a dirty old man. (Well, I *am*, but I don't want to shop somewhere that reminds me of that.)

It was trying to hard too be hip and trendy and everything was labeled "PINK" and the decor went from soft to very harsh with lots of black & white geometric shapes. They were catering to teenagers.

If your target audience is looking for glamour, and pampering, and sensuality, then the changes they made in the past few years were in stark contrast to what that audience is willing to spend money on.

I think a lot of htis also has to do with the 35-50 year old women who like to dress like they are trampy teenagers and dress their children similarly. Essentially 90% of the female population of the North Shore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom