Saints (vid) Mike Nolan gives props to Thor (Anzalone) (1 Viewer)

Another reminder that our coaching staff is just aces. Mike Nolan could be a DC or even a head coach again. But he's making our LBs into more of a beast squad than they already are.

Yep! Man, I thought Coach Nolan lost his mind when moved an often injured AA, coming off IR, to of all places, MLB!

Then he moved DD, who played inside at LB most of, if not all of his career, to WIL!

Shows what I know! ???

Things didn’t look too good early on. but once Anzalone, Davis n Klein all settled in to their new positions/roles/ responsibilities, we ended up with our best trio of LBs in YEARS!

Coach Nolan is a BEAST! :bowdown2:

Video no longer available

Video is NOT unavailable... it's just blocked by YouTube. Just click the link to take you to YouTube to watch the video.

Alex can handle the deep middle in Cover 2, which seems to be a defense we’ve been trying to implement under Dennis. Demario plays great underneath and at the line. Their new roles make sense when you look at it from the base defense. In other calls they are absolutely all over the place.

I have loved watching the defense the last couple of years and I have a lot of faith in our current LB corps.

Last edited:
It's crazy how fast we went from not having any LBers to have a pretty strong unit. Nolan has had a lot to do with that. He gets the most of his guys.

If AA can stay healthy I think he's going to be the next young defensive player to take the next step. He has everything you could ask for from a LBer physically. Everyone talks about how high his football IQ is. Hopefully this is the year he puts it all together and becomes a standout.

It's crazy how fast we went from not having any LBers to have a pretty strong unit. Nolan has had a lot to do with that. He gets the most of his guys.

If AA can stay healthy I think he's going to be the next young defensive player to take the next step. He has everything you could ask for from a LBer physically. Everyone talks about how high his football IQ is. Hopefully this is the year he puts it all together and becomes a standout.

I don't think Anzalone has "broke out" yet. I think he's showed flashes, and had several good games. He still isn't having several good games in a row or occasional great games. He isn't making teams scheme for him. He DOES have that potential, I think this is a pivotal year for him.

I don’t get the NFL’s overall mindset that LBs aren't that important.

They have the reputation of a RB.

The draft every year, it’s LT, QB, DE, and CB.

Those are always the go-to positions.

While I understand the reluctance with RB, I see LB as a game changing defensive position, and as we’ve known for years, definitely not a plug and play spot.

There were a few drafted earlier than usual this year, so maybe the trend is changing.

And I love AA!!!!

Alex can handle the deep middle in Cover 2, which seems to be a defense we’ve been trying to implement under Dennis. Demario plays great underneath and at the line. Their new roles make sense when you look at it from the base defense. In other calls they are absolutely all over the place.

I have loved watching the defense the last couple of years and I have a lot of faith in our current LB corps.

I hope we play a lil more Cover 2 this year too! IMO, we didn’t have the players, esp LB to run it in the past, But after watching our LBs play last year, finally, we do. All we need to do now is find another S to pair with Marcus on the back end, and we could be a pretty good Cover 2 D.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom