Vid of Mike Thomas's Catch 8/14 (1 Viewer)

Actually it was not a bad throw either. Threw it where only the receiver can make that catch.

Vonn Bell seemed to think it was his fault the catch was made, see him tapping his chest at the end, looking at the cornerback, like "my bad." I guess he thought he didn't get over top fast enough, but awesome throw and catch, didn't seem much could be done about that from a defensive perspective, but maybe Bell would disagree.

Could Brees finally have his first Pro Bowl WR in his Saints career?

(I'm talking the first ballot choice. Not the 'four WRs declined the Pro Bowl' so a Saints player made it.)

Could Brees, with a top-15 defense <s>finally,</s. have <s>his first Pro Bowl WR</s> another SB ring or two in his Saints career?

(I'm talking the first ballot choice. Not the 'four WRs declined the Pro Bowl' so a Saints player made it.)

B&G_XLIV: Great post; I believe you're right. :9:

Please forgive my mild hijacking.

:gosaints:

My god. We have something special here folks. You don't make plays like this daily and it be a fluke.

Can't wait to see what this guy looks like with Brees at QB. If he turns out to be a star, our offense will be unstoppable once again.

Actually it was not a bad throw either. Threw it where only the receiver can make that catch.

Yep, and with touch - that allowed Thomas to handle it that way. He was able to keep his left arm down to hold his position sealing the DBs to the inside. I think he intended all of that and it is very impressive for a rookie.

#excitedaboutthisguy

not trying to be a debbie downer here but something I heard Coach say in an interview about Thomas makes me have a little doubt. He said that Thomas, during practice so maybe the position coach will talk to him about it, tried to make a one handed catch that he missed but he could have used two hands to catch it. I hope he don't try to make "highlight reel" catches instead of catching the ball for sure.
Sean Payton talks about Monday's practice

at the 9.20 mark.

M.Thomas needs to watch out for his "tells". I've seen many run and pass plays with him. He looks like he tightens up his gloves on pass play and doesn't do anything on run plays. Fix that now because CBs in the regular season are going to figure it out.

M.Thomas needs to watch out for his "tells". I've seen many run and pass plays with him. He looks like he tightens up his gloves on pass play and doesn't do anything on run plays. Fix that now because CBs in the regular season are going to figure it out.

Great observation...but to me a tell means more the closer you are to the ball. Best the defender can do is read run quickly and get in position to make a tackle quicker. Still has to guard the route IMHO. Its not like tightening his glove means 10yd square in on 3

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom