Video: CBS Sports NFL Preview, Saints-Eagles - Pat Kirwin (1 Viewer)

Little ****!!!!! I'm glad Pat called him out for that shot on the defense

I blame most of the points on things the def really had no control over. The kickoff returns and that fumble for a TD.

I know we gave up 27 ponts, but Im kind of happy that most people dont realize that over half of that was because of very short field position and special teams. We actually held their offense to 10 points directly with our D. Eagles come in thinking they can easily run up the score on us and they will be in for a surprise. I like our position.

I blame most of the points on things the def really had no control over. The kickoff returns and that fumble for a TD.

I agree, If you look at the stats, the defense did really well, I think that we're 3rd in the league in run defense.

I know we gave up 27 ponts, but Im kind of happy that most people dont realize that over half of that was because of very short field position and special teams. We actually held their offense to 10 points directly with our D. Eagles come in thinking they can easily run up the score on us and they will be in for a surprise. I like our position.

I'm not trying to be a "Debbie downer" but the media is not related to the Eagles organization. Just because they believe one thing doesn't mean that is what Andy Reid and Company believe. The team's coaches and players are the ones watching game film and making their own analysis on the Saints and forming their own strategy. We don't know what the Eagles are thinking but I definitely don't believe they are as incompetent as the media is. JFTR.:9:

i agree its only misinformed fans and 95 % of the media that thinks our D was bad!! You can best believe that any and all of the other 31 teams in the NFL know that the points given up were'nt all on the Defense. Especially the Iggles

Where does this "10 point" idea keep coming from? Regardless of field position, our d still gave up 20 pts. You can't use "short field position" as an excuse for your d giving up points and just assume that will never ever happen again... because stuff like that happens every game. Let's be realistic. Our d DID in fact give up 20 pts.

someone can tell Jason Horowitz to give his dad his suit back.

Where does this "10 point" idea keep coming from? Regardless of field position, our d still gave up 20 pts. You can't use "short field position" as an excuse for your d giving up points and just assume that will never ever happen again... because stuff like that happens every game. Let's be realistic. Our d DID in fact give up 20 pts.

i completely agree

For him to say "gave up 27 points to the Lions" just shows how little he knows. He would have said 20 if he was an INFORMED hater since the defense wasn't on the field for 7 of those points. But he wasn't informed, so he's not worth listening to.

When two of the Lions' drives started within the Saints 15 yard line, it is a rather low shot to blame that on the defense. Regardless if the defense was able to stuff them on 3 consecutive plays, the Lions are only a chip shot field goal away.

So did the Saints Defense give up an unnecessary touchdown? Yeah probably. But one cannot expect them to hold the Lions scoreless from their own 12 and 13 yard lines.

When you start on your own 20, you tend to lean to running more than throwing. A 20 yard pass = your own 40 yard line so an interception is real bad because a first down is field goal territory. If you start in the red zone. You don't know as a defense what plays, a run or pass, is coming.

This is why having a great punter and defense is essential to winning games. Field position is what can help big time. look at micheal Lewis when he was tearing it up for us. He kept giving us the ball at our 35-40 yard line. 30 yard drive = points.

I believe the reason Saints fans (myself included) are upset by the constant mention of us giving up 27 points, is the media is using it to "sell doubt."

You're correct, our D did give up 20 points. What seems to get lost in the conversation, however, is no one is asking how many other D's of the 32 would have also given up 20 points under similar circumstances?

Perhaps, NYG, Balt, Pitt, Philly and one or two more defenses would have held a team to under twenty points with the same identical circumstances (an offense starting several series in your Red Zone), but I doubt seriously it would be more than that.

The media is using the Saints past defensive performances in 07 & 08 to market their product - Football. Until we change their perception, we'll have to live with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom