Pelicans (video) Every Pelicans fan should view this commentary on Zion (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
I really DO NOT like Skip Bayless... that's a given. Having said that, all Pels fans should listen to the commentary about Zion. Here's one quote:

"No rookie has averaged 20 ppg. (in the preseason) in the past 20 years!"

Enjoy! :munch:

Since it was preseason, I certainly would have taken less points and had more knees. :pat:

Things are starting to come together!!!
I really want to invest the emotional support on the Pelicans, but I won't be able to do so until they can actually beat teams that are going to be the dominant favorites in the postseason. The Pels aren't ready until they can do that consistently.

But I'm still holding out hope that we can be that kind of team in two or three years.

I really want to invest the emotional support on the Pelicans, but I won't be able to do so until they can actually beat teams that are going to be the dominant favorites in the postseason. The Pels aren't ready until they can do that consistently.

But I'm still holding out hope that we can be that kind of team in two or three years.

Get on board now. I dont think people are giving them the benefit of the doubt. The only starter left from last year is Jrue and we have a LOT of youth. It takes work to learn how to play together as well as learn a new system plus they have had a lot of injuries. They won tonight despite 4 of their 5 starters being out. I dont care if it was just the Pistons...the only starter we had was Lonzo.

Well they beat Utah at home, in spite of the ref's horrendous call at the end of regulation, and should have beaten them at their place, but for a questionable no-call against Ingram. I sure get the point and I don't think they're ready to compete with the top 6-8 teams in the NBA on a regular basis, but they sure are funner to watch recently, even moreso, than the AD days. The AD teams had the same problems this team had closing out games, defensively, bonehead turnover, etc, which points to coaching/philosophy to me. This team, however, seems to be making some positive strides in those areas. They're younger, more athletic, longer, deeper bench, better outside shooters, so if they can actually put it together under Gentry (which I understand how that remains to be seen), I think they can make a run at an 8 seed this year and improve on that in the next couple years.

Well they beat Utah at home, in spite of the ref's horrendous call at the end of regulation, and should have beaten them at their place, but for a questionable no-call against Ingram. I sure get the point and I don't think they're ready to compete with the top 6-8 teams in the NBA on a regular basis, but they sure are funner to watch recently, even moreso, than the AD days. The AD teams had the same problems this team had closing out games, defensively, bonehead turnover, etc, which points to coaching/philosophy to me. This team, however, seems to be making some positive strides in those areas. They're younger, more athletic, longer, deeper bench, better outside shooters, so if they can actually put it together under Gentry (which I understand how that remains to be seen), I think they can make a run at an 8 seed this year and improve on that in the next couple years.

We should have won (or at least gone to OT) last week at home vs Utah as well except for another terrible call.

I agree with your post. This team is really fun to watch, and they have improved to another level recently.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom