Video footage of Gerald McCoy's Injury (1 Viewer)

I strained my quad and it was excruciating. I can only imaging how a torn quad would feel.
I did the same a few years ago and it was the most painful thing I had gone through at the time. Then my left leg said hold my beer and I had to get it amputated.
Seriously I hate to see happen to the guy.

:ROFLMAO:

The my whole quad area was black/blue it was crazy.
Lol same thing happened to me — all black and blue and incredibly limiting for a long time just for a simple strain.

Funny story. I was 39, working in my garden, and saw a young kid, maybe 14 or 15, purse snatch a lady in front of my house. I go chasing after him with a hoe in my hand, yelling at him to drop the purse. Of course, he is just smoking me to the point where he turns around and runs BACKWARDS while laughing at me. Well that just pisses me off so I turn on what passes for afterburners on a 39 year old. BAM goes the quad.

Never thought of myself as young after that day.

Mine too. My first year in college playing flag football I tore my hamstring. I had surgery to fix it but on Dr’s orders I had to set in a hot tub then get ice on it. The cool thing the time I was assigned to use the school’s hot tub was also the time the cheerleaders were assigned to be in it. Nothing ever happened but I did have some penthouse forum dreams about it.

At his age, probably the end of his career. Those things are so hard to come back from.

That is true. It ended Jon Stinchcomb's career. He was only an 8 yr. vet but when he suffered the quad injury he was never the same.

It definitely trimmed a handful of years from his career.

Lol same thing happened to me — all black and blue and incredibly limiting for a long time just for a simple strain.

Funny story. I was 39, working in my garden, and saw a young kid, maybe 14 or 15, purse snatch a lady in front of my house. I go chasing after him with a hoe in my hand, yelling at him to drop the purse. Of course, he is just smoking me to the point where he turns around and runs BACKWARDS while laughing at me. Well that just pisses me off so I turn on what passes for afterburners on a 39 year old. BAM goes the quad.

Never thought of myself as young after that day.
Word!

That’s the thing about getting old that no one tells you about - everything just starts to hurt, and things that you once didn’t easily and for fun would incapacitate you for weeks or months at a time.

I’m 33, and I slept for 9 hours one day and woke up w my hip hurting to the point where I couldn’t walk for without a severe limp for 2 weeks and a noticeable limp for a month. I still have no idea what actually happened.

Yup, the black and blue is blood from the torn tendon. With a torn/ruptured hamstring the blood will pool in the ankle and the entire back of your leg is bruised.

Word!

That’s the thing about getting old that no one tells you about - everything just starts to hurt, and things that you once didn’t easily and for fun would incapacitate you for weeks or months at a time.

I’m 33, and I slept for 9 hours one day and woke up w my hip hurting to the point where I couldn’t walk for without a severe limp for 2 weeks and a noticeable limp for a month. I still have no idea what actually happened.
My son, please....
You slept on it wrong :hihi:

I wake up with all kinds of shoulder/back strains if I don't stretch before bed. Getting older sucks.

Word!

I had a friend back in New Orleans who was a doctor from Brazil. He told me a story about a patient who came in and complained about stiffness and soreness in his legs when he woke up, sometimes how he woke up with a tightness in his neck reducing its range of motion, and sometimes waking up in the early morning feeling like he was hit by a truck. The doctor’s reply was, “Señor, if you wake up over forty without pain, you dead.” :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I did the same a few years ago and it was the most painful thing I had gone through at the time. Then my left leg said hold my beer and I had to get it amputated.
Seriously I hate to see happen to the guy.
You weren't at IHOP Sunday night, were you?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom