Video from Panama City Beach (FL) beachfront high-rise shows large shark investigating swimmer (1 Viewer)

I was watching some kids show that comes on at like 4 AM on Saturday about sharks and apparently they have no actual interest in eating/attacking humans. They only do it when they mistake humans for seals or otters, which are apparently their main food source. (Or at least that was the case with the type of shark this show was following.)

I think your risk of being attacked is higher at dusk or dawn.

Source:. A barber I went to around Gulf Shores who was bitten in the buttocks. IIRC he was out early training for a triathlon.

And my guess is that was a bull shark in the video. They get into shallow water and can be pretty damn aggressive.

Source:. The woman who does my nails. No story there though.

That guy was way too laid back for someone who was filming a potential shark attack. He even chuckles when it turns around and heads back towards her! Actually let's out a "heh heh" when it turns around. I really think he wanted to see an attack.

If a shark wants to take a bite out of me, he is going to have to come on shore and fight me on my terms.

You guys ever see the video in Mexico where a croc was following a swimmer? It was following slowly at first then began to pick up speed. Someone in a boat had the good sense to throw something at the croc. It was enough to distract it, then it submerged into the murky depths completely camouflaged.

Last edited:
I was watching some kids show that comes on at like 4 AM on Saturday about sharks and apparently they have no actual interest in eating/attacking humans. They only do it when they mistake humans for seals or otters, which are apparently their main food source. (Or at least that was the case with the type of shark this show was following.)

They always say that but I'm not sure it's true. Not every attack is explained by them thinking we are a seal. And, that's certainly not the case with Bull Sharks and Tiger Sharks. Bull Sharks and Tiger Sharks attack humans lots of places that don't even have seals. Also, they are an apex predator, their main food source is seal and fish, but that doesn't mean that they won't eat whatever there is an opportunity to eat if they are hungry. I mean, tigers and lions don't as a general rule rely on humans as a food source, but they do kill and eat humans at times.

And, I don't really care if they bite me because they think I'm a seal or because they want to eat humans. I just don't want something trying to eat me even if it is a mistake.

They always say that but I'm not sure it's true. Not every attack is explained by them thinking we are a seal. And, that's certainly not the case with Bull Sharks and Tiger Sharks. Bull Sharks and Tiger Sharks attack humans lots of places that don't even have seals. Also, they are an apex predator, their main food source is seal and fish, but that doesn't mean that they won't eat whatever there is an opportunity to eat if they are hungry. I mean, tigers and lions don't as a general rule rely on humans as a food source, but they do kill and eat humans at times.

And, I don't really care if they bite me because they think I'm a seal or because they want to eat humans. I just don't want something trying to eat me even if it is a mistake.
Yeah, this was about this one species of shark that the show was on. I don't buy it across the board either.

At the beach, no. In the water, yes.

I don't think that's true. As a function of how many people go in the ocean every day, the number of examples of things trying to eat them is extraordinarily low.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom