Video from Panama City Beach (FL) beachfront high-rise shows large shark investigating swimmer (1 Viewer)

Watching a pair of Orca's hunt seals on the beach amazes me. They coordinate and charge the seals. Then they use their tails to flip the seals into the air and into deeper water.

This is the exact video that I saw a fears ago but it is similar.

Orcas hunt in pods . The great white is a lone wolf. It's really no contest when both of them meet in battle

Orcas hunt in pods . The great white is a lone wolf. It's really no contest when both of them meet in battle

A lone Orca can take out a great white. They are smart enough to flip sharks and rays on their backs to render them helpless. Or head butt them and game over.

Yet if that woman was swimming near a wild Orca, it might just wanna play tag with her or something. They have never seen humans as lunch.

Very interesting creatures.

A lone Orca can take out a great white. They are smart enough to flip sharks and rays on their backs to render them helpless. Or head butt them and game over.

Yet if that woman was swimming near a wild Orca, it might just wanna play tag with her or something. They have never seen humans as lunch.

Very interesting creatures.

The only human deaths attributed to Orcas are those who are held in captivity. There are no reported human deaths due to orcas in
the wild. Fascinating creatures indeed

The only human deaths attributed to Orcas are those who are held in captivity. There are no reported human deaths due to orcas in
the wild. Fascinating creatures indeed

I did not know this. I remember seeing a documentary on CNN about their treatment in captivity and how it was a factor in the death of handlers working with them. That was a disturbing documentary.

I did not know this. I remember seeing a documentary on CNN about their treatment in captivity and how it was a factor in the death of handlers working with them. That was a disturbing documentary.

That is exactly what caused Sea World to lose a ton of &&&. The public was sick of seeing the workers die & the Orcas forced into captivity.

So now, Sea World is no longer allowed to breed the Orcas in captivity.

There is a documentary out there called Black Fish that does major damage to Sea World and their practices regarding the Orcas. They may have played it on CNN. I've never been an animal rights crusader. I don't believe in being cruel to animals, but I also don't think they have the same or more rights than humans like groups like Peta think. However, after watching Black Fish I was very uncomfortable with the idea of going to Sea World. I finally went, but only after they had agreed not to catch wild Orcas anymore, ended the captive breeding program, and announced that they would be ending the Orca shows.

There is a documentary out there called Black Fish that does major damage to Sea World and their practices regarding the Orcas. They may have played it on CNN. I've never been an animal rights crusader. I don't believe in being cruel to animals, but I also don't think they have the same or more rights than humans like groups like Peta think. However, after watching Black Fish I was very uncomfortable with the idea of going to Sea World. I finally went, but only after they had agreed not to catch wild Orcas anymore, ended the captive breeding program, and announced that they would be ending the Orca shows.

Thanks for the info. The documentary can be watched on Netflix if you have it.

Yes, that's what I saw. After seeing that, I'm not interested in seeing Sea World. And had always wanted to see it before I saw the documentary. My wife and kids went to Sea World about 10 years ago in San Antonio. I missed that trip due to work, and was bummed that I didn't get to see it, but watching the abuses they went through, just stunned me.

Yes, that's what I saw. After seeing that, I'm not interested in seeing Sea World. And had always wanted to see it before I saw the documentary. My wife and kids went to Sea World about 10 years ago in San Antonio. I missed that trip due to work, and was bummed that I didn't get to see it, but watching the abuses they went through, just stunned me.

It's really a sad story. Tilikum is the orca involved in 3 of the 4 human deaths. he was basically the human definition of an abused
child. One of his captors in the video was moved to tears when talking about it. He said the whole family was gathered around the
boat when we were carrying him away. I knew then we had committed a bad mistake.

Prime example. That mother could have easily tail slapped that swimmer into oblivion so close to her calves. Instead they act like sea pups. Not that I would ever take any chances.

Prime example. That mother could have easily tail slapped that swimmer into oblivion so close to her calves. Instead they act like sea pups. Not that I would ever take any chances.

Don't understand why the swimmer wouldn't turn to shore. That would be my first thought if I were in that situation.

Call me naive, but I wouldn't worry that much swimming among a wild orca. Jumping into a tank with a captive one is a different story
though.

And my first thought when they came that close to me would be to reach out and try to pet them.

Yeah, I dunno, I probably wouldn't have had the presence of mind to realize it was an orca as opposed to a shark. Orcas are amazing killing machines, but generally have not had issues interacting with humans.

I'd actually love to pet one if I could.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom