Video: Jameis Winston film study (1 Viewer)

I'm just not sure that can be repaired. He doesn't see the LB dropping underneath and when he misses down field he misses high which leads to a lot of picks. Then you get a bunch of bad decisions. It's like he makes his mind up presnap every time.

yea it can be fixed. “Look if it gets confusing over here, just throw it somewhere in the vicinity of CGM. Just anywhere over in that area should be fine”.

seriously though. I think it can be conditioned out of him. The game obviously has slowed down for him some. A guy with that much ability has come up being able to force it no matter what. He is hard headed too. It may take knowing you are around the best to shut up and listen. He would never even listen about his vision. Maybe his ego has been bruised enough to get underneath it.

I hope the best for winston. But you can’t fix stupid.

I think defenses will always be able to confuse Winston. Maybe have drew in his ear like Sean mcvay does to Goff 😂

Sean Payton knows Winston as well as anyone. He’s had to gameplan for him for several years. There is no way that he brings Winston in if he doesn’t think that he can improve.

Dude threw for 5100 yards last season. This is the same guy that shattered records at FSU without those same eyes. Maybe when he gets his eyes fixed he won't be as good. That hole vision thing is a terrible excuse.

Maybe it is. Maybe it's all bad decision making or terrible field awareness. Or maybe it isn't.

I know that I can see quite a bit without my glasses, but my peripheral vision is nonexistent at a certain distance. I have to concentrate so much on a spot in front of me I absolutely will lose track of something to the side. I mean, if he's literally squinting, that's limiting his vision right there.

It's flimsy, I agree. He's played his whole life like this. And still threw for a crap ton of yards.

Here’s another:

Some of the same criticisms. Except there are some interesting points about how Arians failed Winston. It seemed as though Arians tried to apply his system to Winston instead of playing to Winston’s strengths.

It reminded me of what Payton says all the time about his “system.” You build your offense around your QBs strengths instead of forcing him to adjust to your system.

Arians doesn’t and won’t change his system for anyone. He’s one of those guys who is going to do what he wants to do. It will be interesting to see what would happen if Payton really sits and works with him while building an offense around his strengths.

I also Don’t think Tampa is going to be as great as people think. Brady is a princess and Belicheck is the best coach around. Tom is going to want to play Toms game, and Arians is going to want Brady to do something I don’t think his arm can do anymore. He can’t throw that kill shot that Arians wants to see. Brady is a dink and dunk game manager at this point not a long ball player. He’s also going to trip in that offense because Arians QBs have a tendency to take a pounding, and I’m not thinking the refs are going to be as willing to protect the princess in Tampa as they were in NE.

Winston always seem built for West Coast offense for me. He got arm strength, but his vision was always suspect. Maybe lasik will help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom