[video] Loved seeing Winston yelling at TreQuan. (1 Viewer)

SGY1A8z.png

I'm about to put this W somewhere you ain't gonna enjoy!

At the end of last year TQS was coming on. Thus is his first game with Winston. Let's give both players a little time. I know at this moment in time we are all smarter than the coaches, but let's remember we are on a keyboard. Our coaches know talent and will make better decisions than we would ever make. It's the reason we are coaching behind a keyboard and they are making the decisions.

uhhhhhhhh bad take. He had two amazing throws just get dropped. He scrambled and made sh-t happen. He threw the ball away instead of handing it over.
This. The early throw where TQS stopped his route also comes to mind. He had a few badly placed balls and one that was short. He wasn't perfect but I've seen Brees miss a lot of the same throws at times. He took care of the football and used his legs. That Troutman fumble appeared to be a late read on the play and was a great touch pass.

For the fans calling the pass that was tipped in the end zone a late throw, I recall a similar play in Atlanta a few years back where the linebacker made a super athletic pick on a Drew Brees pass. My point being it's the NFL, sometimes the other team makes plays.

Glad to see leadership and passion at least. Ugly situation, but good to see him fired up and not afraid to constructively criticize. Bonus for the eyes

This was Winston's best game. Amazing how he kept himself composed with all the drops, poor blocking from the OL, weather conditions and bad penalties. I would release T. Smith after the season after that performance. He looked like he had spent the last week on a beach somewhere , instead of preparing for game conditions. Troutman's fumble is almost the last straw for him. Winston looks like the QB of the saints for the next 10 years. He missed on some throws during the rainstorm but come on. Impressed with his arm strength. We need WR's and RB's. Kamara is our MVP for the season, but he cant do it all himself. After him we have nothing. This is Mike's last year with saints and I doubt we see him the rest of the season.

So Payton is encouraging players to single out players because of his personal feelings towards a player?

TQS lined up wrong Winston got him straight, no harm no foul and definitely not personal as you'd like to think.
TQS got a penalty later because he thought the QB call was a run play and he blocked a DB which is interference on a pass play and caused an injury to the DB. He did not know the playbook. Sean would have pulled him from the game, but he had no one else. We have the worst WR group in the NFL. Troutman is a bust.

Whatever. I’m not a Jameis hater and I am savoring these wins, no matter how ugly. He deserves a lot of credit. But the constant looking to the sidelines after every incomplete pass like “what is he doing? He gave up on the route. That’s wasn’t my fault” is getting old. That doesn’t strike me as leadership. I don’t particularly like the public butt chewing either. You gotta earn that type of respect with your play to do that.
No one, and I mean no one, not Sean, not Drew....................no one, has worked harder to get TQS and Harris off to a successful year, than Jameis.
That’s wasn’t my fault” is getting old.
That's a fabrication, as Jamies has a very good reputation for never blaming anyone but himself. That goes back to his Tampa days. TQS is a mess, and has been since he got here. He shut down his route, for a TD. Then lined up wrong. It was TQS's fault!

So Payton is encouraging players to single out players because of his personal feelings towards a player?

TQS lined up wrong Winston got him straight, no harm no foul and definitely not personal as you'd like to think.
If you think CSP does not actively watch the game (like we all did) and see that TQS had zero fire, zero anything, then I don't know what to tell ya. CSP may have even "accidentally" tripped TQS as he boarded the plane last night.

He just described exactly what transpired during the game. I would say that he watched the game very closely.
Was JW perfect and Brees-like? NO! Will he become more and more THAT? I believe so! He's already making ball security a priority. Once he can find L'il Jordan Humphreys wide open? THEN we may begin to witness some real competence within our game! WRs were pathetic for sure, wet ball or no! Miss Taysom and Deonte' badly, obviously! That's TWO super dangerous threats right there! Hope Peat isn't Peat Beat again? What are we to DO w/that fellow? This TEAM will gel and get their jobs done and OH; BTW; 4-2 ain't bad Folks! Glad to have it. This short week ? We'll SEE some real ACTION! TB has been our biatch and I'm feeling the JUICE Boys may return with a full dose of Kwon & Double D! Those two feed one another very well. Very complimentary players! GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX!

i remember brees ripping shockey a few times on the sidelines

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom