[video] Loved seeing Winston yelling at TreQuan. (1 Viewer)

The fact Payton didn't even try to hold Winston back should tell everyone how little Payton thinks of TQS.
I don't think that at all. If CSP really feels that way about TQS, he wouldn't be playing. In fact, he wouldn't even be on the team. If he really felt that way about TQS, he should have drafted another WR or gone after a FA. The team was thin at WR to begin with. CSP refused to draft a WR and instead did the low risk high reward road of bringing in UDFAs and Kevin White.

TQS has been injured and hasn't played since last season, hence he was bound to be rusty and not fully ready. I'm as frustrated as the next guy with respect to TQS and not reaching his full potential. I'm sure that hamstring injury was pretty severe given the time it took to heal. I'm gonna cut him a little slack.

My main frustration is with Payton and not upgrading the WR position via the draft or FA. Even after Thomas was deemed unready for TC and the regular season, he still had time to bring in some FAs that would give Winston some legitimate targets, but instead, again, he chose the low risk high reward type thing and this is what the team is dealing with. There is no legit #1 or even a #2 WR on the roster right now. And that's not going to change anytime soon unfortunately. Hope for a miracle I guess.

Thing is, the Bucs secondary is decimated with injuries and very vulnerable, however with the Saints ineptness as WR, they are not even able to take advantage of it. Very frustrating:banghead:

Brees did it. Manning did it. Brady does it. All QBs occasionally get on guys who are messing up. It's part of being competitive and holding everyone accountable. It happens all the time in College and the NFL. Nobody takes it personally.
I never saw Brees screaming at a WR. He may have gotten animated, but I don’t remember him ever screaming at a WR. I certainly think Smith needed to be addressed, but I don’t think screaming at him helped. I think that is a poor way to lead. I know people lose their temper, but I don’t think that is a good leadership trait. People try to scare you into compliance, but that is usually the worst way to lead.

TQS showed up in body, but his head was still on IR.
Phrase of the week.

Regarding the thread, a lot of speculation from an exchange on the sidelines.

Fact: if any of us is working on a team project, doing our homework and other members are lacking, we will go and tell them.

For those people lacking, there are different ways to get the most out of them. Some need a hug, some need a yell.

And the same goes about us giving the goods to a fellow worker. Some of us will be emotional and yell, some of us will be more even keel and just give the evil eye.

We didn't see Drew yelling a lot, but we saw him giving he evil eye to players, even on the line of scrimmage.

I even remember Drew giving the eye to Coach Payton (and right back).

Now, Coach Payton will get and chew a guy and five minutes later will give the same guy a hug.

Different styles from different people. And all is forgotten 5 minutes later. It should, or the thing won't work.

And for those in a long term relation, just think that we will always have conflicts, but the best way to handle them is to make a point and forget as soon as possible.

It’s not a fabrication. I’ve seen it multiple times including last night him looking over at the sidelines and doing that. It’s a bad look. I don’t see any other successful QB’s doing this. We’ve all heard the stories of his dedication. He’s says all the right things. Not questioning that. IMHO he hasn’t earned the right with his production to ream guys out on national TV or act like that after unsuccessful plays. He left a few plays out there as well. I also have the opinion that this shows a lack of maturity on his part, which has also been well documented in the past. It’s not a good look. Finally, having this opinion doesn’t excuse the fact that TQS played horrible and deserved for someone to jump his arse.
I haven't seen one person, I respect on here that agrees with your assessment. You do you.

I see it as poor leadership. TQS hasn’t played a real game since last season and the last time he was on the field in preseason, we didn’t even have a starting QB. That’s no way to treat a guy who is trying to get back up to speed.
We aren't talking about conditioning and getting "football ready." We saw someone who has been in this system for 4 years playing like it is his first game as a pro. You don't get up to speed on a playbook you've had for 4 years.

I'm reading his body language for the looks to the sidelines and the body language is childish sometimes. Again, just one person's opinion. We can agree to disagree.

Manning, Brees, Brady? LOL...all earned the respect and right to rip a guy on the field by their results and command of their respective offenses. JW hasn't done that yet.

I'm not in the hate-Winston group. I'm proud that they are winning games and he is certainly contributing to that. But if we are having a real discussion about a franchise quarterback, these guys are gonna get scrutinized.
Jameis knows his career is on the line and when his teammates don’t have their head in the game, you think he’s not going to get animated? His lively hood is on the line.

I’m glad he feels he has the Latitude to do that. 2 games ago I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t have happened. Actually, there was at least a half dozen times last night I thought “that’s a new version of Jameis”.

Someone, or some people, were definitely in Jameis’ ear during the break pushing him to push himself. I liked everything I saw from him last night except a handful of errant short throws….but that’s his weak point and we know it, so….

Jameis knows his career is on the line and when his teammates don’t have their head in the game, you think he’s not going to get animated? His lively hood is on the line.

I’m glad he feels he has the Latitude to do that. 2 games ago I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t have happened. Actually, there was at least a half dozen times last night I thought “that’s a new version of Jameis”.

Someone, or some people, were definitely in Jameis’ ear during the break pushing him to push himself. I liked everything I saw from him last night except a handful of errant short throws….but that’s his weak point and we know it, so….
The way he casually plucked the ball off the field while keeping his eyes up was pretty impressive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom