Video of PI call on 4th. Horrible call! (1 Viewer)

I feel like the refs shouldn't have made a bail out call to decide the game , on a ball that was way out of bounds and just good coverage

The ref that called it incomplete was in perfect position, but the other ref, totally out of no where, decided to change the out come of the game.

This is probably one of the worst calls I have seen. Seriously! How can anyone even remotely consider this catchable? Sure, you can say we shouldn't have been in that situation but that does not excuse the fact that this was not pass interference.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/goD1RfbuS-I" allowfullscreen="" height="315" width="560" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Sorry for the shaky video, I need a new capture card and my phone was much handier.

As I surmised yesterday, the idiot ref who threw the flag had the WORST VANTAGE point - the RB was between him and the LB!

And it took him long enough to throw that flag!

My question is - why didn't the line judge who had a CLEAR VISION of what happened not over-rule the other ref!

We could have been 1-0 if it wasn't for this mess. This reminds me of the game against the Lions in 2014.

You got video of the bad PI calls on the Raiders? The calls wash out. You want to blame someone it aint the refs. Its the coaching Staff. It's having 3 young corners on the field. It's not getting hits on the QB. It's giving them 3 points in the beginning of the game. Its missing a field goal. It's having a 20 yard field goal blocked, and being lucky to have it go through.

It was not the refs.

I was waiting to hear what the apologists would say about the call. There's always apologists. The other side. Whether they do it because they are so fiercely loyal to the regime or more of a self deprecating kind of issue....or they just like to be contrarian....I don't know. But they're always there and I do value them to play devil's advocate to my positions.

But it seems as though the naysayers only excuse is "shoulda had his head turnt" and "they called one much lesser call against the Raiders that was slightly bad that one time".

When the apologist excuse is so flimsy, you know the call was awful.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

When the apologist excuse is so flimsy, you know the call was awful.

That call is one of the worst in NFL history(exaggerating..) But that call didn't cost us the game, don't just sit here and think damn we should have won if it wasn't for that call without thanking the refs for at least 10 of our points and thanking Brees for 3 of Oaklands.

I can't believe the official threw the flag. Regardless of him turning his head or not he didn't touch him and the ball was too far out of bounds for him to catch it. The ref standing right next to the play even called it incomplete. Just awful...

Thanks OP for posting this. Pretty clear that the ref in the background (who threw the flag) of the video was too far into the sideline (almost 5 yards) and had a bad angle to see an contact. The ref in the foreground (right on the sideline who did NOT throw a flag) had the best view and should have disputed the call with the other ref.

This^

We can all agree to disagree but:

- was it PI? yes as the defender did not turn back to look for the ball and there was contact. This would be called all day. He can't just run towards the offensive player and initiate contact without making a play for the ball.

- should it have been called? I would hope not as the ball clearly was uncatchable, but Da Raiders could argue the player couldn't make an effort to catch the ball as he was impeded by the defender.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom