(video) Sean Payton speaks at Microsoft convention (2010) ...long video (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Yeah... must be offseason.

I'm only posting this for those who are running out of old Saints stuff to view.

It's actually a good speech. Talks about his background, years with Dallas, decision to come to New Orleans (including post-Katrina). He is brutally honest on having SECOND THOUGHTS on coming to New Orleans, and coming to terms with it.

It's intriguing on how he goes into detail on the decision whether or not to take Drew Brees (and how Miami had considered getting him). And of course, he talks about how Reggie Bush dropped in the Saints' lap in the 2006 draft.

He then goes on to talk about getting his staff, and the frustrations involved in getting ready for the season... and the things in later years that contributed to the team's success.

In a way, he gives a good flavor of the good, the bad & the ugly.

Proud of the way he came across. It's long (56:50), so grab a brewski and/or soda & popcorn. :munch: :beerchug:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KiKLpSuEnEQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:gosaints:

Nice! I took your advice and popped open a couple brewskis and watched. Glad I did. It's cool watching coach speak for longer than 5 minutes. The bromance is strong!

Nice! I took your advice and popped open a couple brewskis and watched. Glad I did. It's cool watching coach speak for longer than 5 minutes. The bromance is strong!

i was surprised, at how well his speech fit the audience...

found this randomly tonight, never knew about it before

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom