Video: WWL TV's Jim Henderson's commentary on Saints/Bills game (1 Viewer)

Best play by play guy I've ever heard is Rick Jeanneret granted different sport.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JEfbyrKnKc0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JEfbyrKnKc0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Are you kidding? I'd MUCH rather Henderson over this ridiculousness.

Jim Henderson does great commentary, but his game calls are average at best. If you want to hear a great game announcer, google Larry Munson, when he called games for the Georgia Bulldogs(he since retired) and listen to his immortal calls. Once you've been to the mountaintop, anything else is an afterthought...and I'm an LSU fan!

"Lindsey SCOTT...Lindsey SCOTT...Lindsey SCOTT!"

"Look at the sugar falling outta the sky!"

I was still in Louisiana back then but I've heard these plays rerun and many others many times.
He's fun but I think Henderson is better and mostly more professional.

I'm no expert at play-by-play and only get hear the Saints' radio broadcast on occasion, but Jim Henderson is fantastic. Nice to hear him talkin a little trash in the video :).

I don't know. I didn't care for the commentary. Why listen to 3 minutes railing against the Bills? I'd like to hear commentary on the Saints.

I didn't necessarily dislike the commentary, but it did seem a bit mean-spirited. I'm going to guess that the liquor bottle thrown at the bus and getting the one-finger salute were just a small sample of what they dealt with last weekend, and Jim was just showing a little after the fact in-their-face about it. Again, just a guess....

Best play by play guy I've ever heard is Rick Jeanneret granted different sport.

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/JEfbyrKnKc0&hl=en&fs=1& allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>
that dude IS good! hockey goals can be some of the most exciting sports plays to listen to over the radio. in football, however, Jim Henderson is as good as it gets.

Yeap, I like Jim very much, have listen to him for years, I just hop he drops that "he gone!" thing before someone gets hurt, Hokie should hit'em right in the mouth next time he says it, oh well.... can't wait to hear them next game!

I wonder if Jim still considers Coach Payton on the "downside of his popularity" in NO as he wrote last year?

I wonder if Jim still considers Coach Payton on the "downside of his popularity" in NO as he wrote last year?

Is it personal with you and Jim, NCSaint? You posted almost the same thing last week...

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2254803#post2254803

NCSaint wrote: It is ok to disagree with me. Jim is not God of NO sports like some of you guys think. I seem to be the only one that remembers his caustic remarks about Coach Payton last year and the "a coach on the downside of his popularity" lame *** article. To hell with Jim Henderson.

Is it personal with you and Jim, NCSaint? You posted almost the same thing last week...

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2254803#post2254803

And I will continue to post it everytime someone brings up Jim Henderson and how he is the second coming.

Coach Payton came to NO and recruited big time talent when this wasn't the most sought after place to come to. Coach deserves bettet treatment. And I wont be letting it go anytime soon.

And I will continue to post it everytime someone brings up Jim Henderson and how he is the second coming.

Coach Payton came to NO and recruited big time talent when this wasn't the most sought after place to come to. Coach deserves bettet treatment. And I wont be letting it go anytime soon.

Yes, Payton took a horrid situation and turned things around, starting in early 2006. He'll always have my admiration for that. But as a member of the media, Henderson writes a critical article in late 2008 after nearly two seasons of the team under-performing and you are going to hold that against him for the forseeable future ? There has to be more to this than you're letting on here...:shrug:

Jim Henderson

I think Jim is one of if not the best Local NFL announcers in the U.S. Nearly every week his calls or highlighted on Sirrus and other sports stations! He is nationally respected,and turned down network jobs to stay in N.O.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom