View from the other sidelines: Saints picked to go 4-12 (ESPN predictions) (2 Viewers)

It's predicated on the last two seasons. If the Saints win tomorrow, that'll change.

View from the other sidelines: New Orleans Saints picked to go 4-12 - New Orleans Saints Blog- ESPN

Has there ever been a more disrepected team with a Hall of Fame caliber QB? This is absurd. 4-12....are you kidding me?!

Even in years where we have the worst defenses of all time, we win 7.

They expect the defense to be just as awful, and the offensive line to be worse. If going from that perspective it's not absurd to think the Saints lose another 3 games, especially since the national narrative is that Atlanta and the Bucs both improved.

Basically, out of the NFC South they see the Super Bowl losers, an improved 8-8 team, an improved 6-10 team, and a worse 7-9 team.

If they would demonstrate an ability to field anything other than perennial versions of the worst D in NFL history, I would be willing to consider this a slight.

It's a fair painting based on what we've seen through the preseason. It'll be up to Drew and company to switch that around!

Alot of us have questions about this team already, i'm sure the media will question it even more. Oline, turnovers, bad defensive play are all huge issues going into the season. Our defense while appearing to be improved still isn't in a place to hold up the offense if it fails repeatedly. I'm hoping for the best, but if i'm honest i wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with a record similar to that.

Hopefully they will be proven wrong. Fingers crossed and all that.

So sick of all the naysayers and negative prognosticators. :jpshakehead:

Is it gameday yet??? :0056:

If you gave me O/U 4 wins on the Saints, I'd put my house on over.

We may be a .500 team again, but there is zero...zero chance we go 4-12 without sustaining an injury at QB.

If some fans want to predict that or pretend it's a logical prediction to make themselves feel better, go ahead. But we all know this is not a 4-12 team.

Funny thing is, they predict a win against the Raiders and here was the blurb:

The Raiders first-team defense was uneven, unable to get a stop on a game’s opening series and unable to get a consistent four-man pass rush in the preseason.

It's a lazy article. It's basically blurbs from different people picking each game. And all of them make the same basic (flawed) argument that we can't possibly win games because our defense will be so bad. Since it's 16 different people, they all went with the same excuse for each game. Nevermind that a much worse defense last year won 7 games.

Saints picked to go 4-12 (ESPN predictions)

espn-bsmeter.gif

I could see this happen if the OL is awful, and Drew goes on IR

Without our Qb I still think we are a 6 win team, Luke didn't play that bad last year against the kitties. But, I don't see much way of going over 10 wins, just due to the lack of turnovers and games that we give away just playing poor ball control football. I just don't see that improving much with the players we added. There are going to be growing pains to start the year with new additions in Fleener and Thomas.

Good, so when we win 5 or more games we will be over achievers. I don't listen to the "experts", most of which haven't played a sport before.

Where did 4-12 come from when we went 7-9 with Brandon Browner? I think some people are just looking for click bait.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom