Vikes Can't Accept Reality? (1 Viewer)

Guitarzan

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just after the NFCCG was played and LOST by the Vikes, there was quite a bit of gnashing of the teeth on sour grapes. But still?
Look for a link to a previous thread from earlier this year that "sorta" goes along with this:

"The Vikings’ players felt they outplayed the Saints and had to be choking hard while watching the Saints go on to beat the Colts. That was their Super Bowl, or it should have been, they felt."
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/04/20/2010-schedule-wont-thrill-saints

The following is a repost of a similar, but a bit out-dated thread

Make sure to read the comments at the bottom from the Star-Tribune article below:

Mike Pereira, the NFL's vice president of officiating, admitted on the NFL Network's "Total Access" show this week that referee Pete Morelli's crew should have called a 15-yard penalty against the New Orleans Saints in the third quarter of the NFC Championship Game on Sunday when Vikings quarterback Brett Favre absorbed a low hit from defensive end Bobby McCray.
Favre was hit low by McCray and high by nose tackle Remi Ayodele and injured his left ankle on the play. His pass was intercepted by linebacker Jonathan Vilma. New Orleans took over at its own 31 with the score 21-21 but did not score on the ensuing series.
A penalty would have nullified the interception and given the Vikings the ball at the Saints 19. Pereira called it "pretty much a direct shot into the back of [Favre's] legs," which isn't legal because of rules about going after a quarterback's knees.

Comments:

Yes yes yes, it was obvious the refs made lots of bad calls at the end

Up to the end the refs called more calls on the Saints but in the 4th quarter they became allies of the Saints. How can they miss the low hit on Farve, while engaged with linemen high. Dirty play, the Saints already say they are going to play dirty against Manning. It's called smash mouth football, but there is a difference between smash mouth and dirty play. The Saints hit Farve many times after the whistle, I'm sure the refs overlooked it because it was so noisy. But a penalty is a penalty no matter what. Since it was the home crowd noise that caused them not to hear the whistle penalize the team and them the home team players would beg them to tone it down allot to avoid the penalty again. Having crowd noise is an advantage but in no way should you not call a penalty when it is a penalty. What would have happened had Farve got injured badly on a play like that? Oh my too bad the whistle blew but the player couldn't hear? If it wasn't too noisy do ya think the refs would have call a penalty? Maybe then huh? He got dumped 3 or 4 times after the whistle stopped the play. Call penalties that should be called. The Saints are very beatable.

It was 100% obvious...................

to me, as well as many, many others, that this game was rigged by the refs....... (google it) the calls (and non calls) were absurd to say the least. Shiancoe nearly has his under shirt ripped off him, with a ref standing right there... "no call", Favre gets hit below the knees with a ref standing right there, "no call", and on, and on, and on..... watch the replay... Jared Allen he'd( actually tackled) at least a dozen times, "no call".... NOT whining, just telling the truth....
posted by Bubba2m on Jan. 28, 10 at 10:42 PM |

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149026

Last edited:
If this stands as true... wow... Bitter much? Dont turn the ball over and maybe you'll have room to complain.

Continuing to talk about this and assert they were robbed is just going to put more pressure on them to win come week 1. I don't think that helps them.

crybaby.png

Just after the NFCCG was played and LOST by the Vikes, there was quite a bit of gnashing of the teeth on sour grapes. But still?
Look for a link to a previous thread from earlier this year that "sorta" goes along with this:

"The Vikings’ players felt they outplayed the Saints and had to be choking hard while watching the Saints go on to beat the Colts. That was their Super Bowl, or it should have been, they felt."
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/04/20/2010-schedule-wont-thrill-saints

Don't know about all that outplayed talk. If it's the Vikings' Super Bowl, it's got the Saints' name on it.

Don't know about all that outplayed talk. If it's the Vikings' Super Bowl, it's got the Saints' name on it.
Exactly... they made some big plays and put some numbers up, but so did we and we got all inside Brett's head. He wasn't thinking very clear I suppose when he threw that last pick, I'll allow that, but the reason he wasn't thinking as clear as one might wish-- if he were a Vikes fan that is-- is because we caused that. So guess what? Winning is at least as much between the ears as it is between the tackles. We forced that pick by making Brett so frustrated.

Not that the season opener needs any help garnering excitement and anticipation, but hopefully this adds some fuel to that fire.

I think I want us to beat them more now than I did before the game last year-- if that's possible.

Last edited:
I posted this in a thread yesterday but here is some more "non-sense" from them:

If you want a good laugh read some of the comments on PFT:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...l-open-season/

Here is my Fav:
<SMALL>April 20, 2010 3:06 PM </SMALL>I hope the same refs work this game. And there will be no flags(again) when redemption is paid to Bobby McCray and Drew Brees.
I really hope that McCray has his head on a swivel because his knee will be a target after that bull**** he pulled in the championship game.
And, heres hoping a sweep ends up in Gregg Williams lap and he is hurt as well. That would be the ultimate payback.
Hurricane Katrina II coming to the Dome Week One.

A penalty would have nullified the interception and given the Vikings the ball at the Saints 19. Pereira called it "pretty much a direct shot into the back of [Favre's] legs," which isn't legal because of rules about going after a quarterback's knees.

I don't understand this rule. Maybe ya'll can help me out...but if a QB throws a ball that is intercepted, why would a penalty that happens AFTER the ball is released negate the outcome of the play? I mean, holding calls negate the play because the hold could help the runner get more yards. Why would someone hitting a QB illegally negate the interception? Shouldn't it be just like any other personal foul? 15 yards from where the play ends? Does it have to do with the fact that the penalty occured techically before the change of possession? If so, that's a stupid rule because the illegal act would have no impact on the outcome of the play.

I have grown to hate them more than any other fan in the nfl even more than the falcons. Between their crying and the rule change, which I feel was targeted at us, I can't stand the Vikings and their cry baby fans. I feel they have tried to cheepen everything we did and would love to see us put a weekone beatdown on them.

its all crap, NEVER LE THE GAME BE PUT INTO THE REFS HANDS bunch of frickin chumps!

So glad I don't have to go on whining about ref calls for the rest of my life!!!

Somebody should make a video wherein Barney the Dinosaur spoofs Kermit's "Its not easy being Purple" HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHA Suckas!

As much as all the tears from Minnesota give me wood, it's getting rather close to the time they're gonna have to stop singing it and bring it.

/and we'll end it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom