N/S Vikes Everson Griffen arrested, under mental health evaluation (1 Viewer)

Impressive quote. I guess nobody gets your comment on this board!?! So true.

Lutefisk (or Ludfisk as we Danes call it) is absolutely disgusting/vile food. Only eaten in Norway + Sweden though and in Minnesota. If I was a fish..... I would sue those countries/states for maltreatment of fish meat. Just bad ... I think I need to throw up now....

Fortunately, I'm not Swedish so I've never had to eat that crap.

By the way, sounds like Griffen won't be with the team "anytime soon".

Sounds like he was recently confused. The hotel he was trying to get into wasn't even the team hotel.
There are some deep issues here.

Hope he gets the help he needs.
He was good at football, but sounds like football might not have been good to his head.

And people wonder how stacked teams and their Superbowl windows start to close. There's alot of ways but this is certainly one of them.

Spot on.
Reminds me of that guy that said Ben was surely innocent as he was never arrested lol.
????????????????????????????

Which to me is as silly as one of my childhood favorite cartoon characters.

View: https://youtu.be/5MGBEbo1gmA

My favorite cartoon growing up as well. Hope he gets all the help he needs. Can't remember the guys name but we don't want to see another situation like they had with the Chiefs guy.

Javon Belcher, who killed himself with a handgun in front of Arrowhead Stadium' s parking lot in front of then-chiefs HC Romeo Crommel and IIRC, Chiefs then-GM Scott Pioli.
Is that the unfortunate man you're trying to think of, Rob?

Javon Belcher, who killed himself with a handgun in front of Arrowhead Stadium' s parking lot in front of then-chiefs HC Romeo Crommel and IIRC, Chiefs then-GM Scott Pioli.
Is that the unfortunate man you're trying to think of, Rob?
That is him. Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Some guys just don't have the mental makeup to handle the spotlight and/or pressure. He needs proper professional help.

Also thought of the Chiefs player and to a lesser degree the little RB out of Auburn the Rams drafted just a few years ago. Out of the league quickly due to erratic behavior.

Spot on.
Reminds me of that guy that said Ben was surely innocent as he was never arrested lol.
????????????????????????????

Which to me is as silly as one of my childhood favorite cartoon characters.

View: https://youtu.be/5MGBEbo1gmA

Gotta luv those Foghorn Leghorn cartoons with John Clayton in his early days!
:hihi:

Some guys just don't have the mental makeup to handle the spotlight and/or pressure. He needs proper professional help.

Also thought of the Chiefs player and to a lesser degree the little RB out of Auburn the Rams drafted just a few years ago. Out of the league quickly due to erratic behavior.

I'm going to respectfully disagree that his mental condition is related to handling the spotlight or pressure.

I think it has more to do with an on-going mental health issue.
I believe there is a much large segment of the population who deal with mental health issues of varying degrees, and that this is an example of one that is getting worse.

Latest update is that he had a weird couple days of peculiar events and he has since been checked into a mental hospital for testing and evaluation. He is not traveling with the team and the team does not seem to anticipate him being back anytime soon.

I'm going to respectfully disagree that his mental condition is related to handling the spotlight or pressure.

I believe there is a much large segment of the population who deal with mental health issues of varying degrees, and that this is an example of one that is getting worse.

Latest update is that he had a weird couple days of peculiar events and he has since been checked into a mental hospital for testing and evaluation. He is not traveling with the team and the team does not seem to anticipate him being back anytime soon.
Sad. Hope he gets all the help he needs. This is way more than football.

More:

The incident, which police say began around 2 p.m. Saturday and ended after 10 p.m., started with the director of security for the Vikings, Kim Klawiter, calling the police to ask them to check on Griffen’s wife and kids at their home, following Griffen’s incident at the hotel. The report said:

Kim told me that he and other Vikings staff are concerned about Everson Griffen and what he may or may not do to himself and or his wife and kids. Kim said that he hasn’t been acting normal lately and said that it’s almost like he is having a nervous break down. Kim said that it was so bad that the team told him not to play on Sunday and to go get his head straight.​
From the report:

Tiffany said that Everson has not been acting normal lately. She stated that last Sunday on 09-16-18 they were sleeping and in the middle of the night he got up and left. Tiffany said that he does this from time to time as he is fighting with “demons” in his head and that it’s normal for him to run away and has done this throughout his life. Tiffany said that Everson didn’t return home until Wednesday 09-19-18. He said they verbally argued for a little bit and left about an hour later. Tiffany said that Everson didn’t return home until earlier in the moming Saturday 09-22-l8. Tiffany said she was taking a shower and he walked into the bathroom and the first thing he said to her was “So who Died?” Everson then made a comment about “I just want help.” Tiffany said he didn’t make any sense and asked him what he was talking about. A short time later Everson told Tiffany to get the fork out.​
From the police report:

[Pico] stated that Everson is facing a possible divorce with his wife. Pico said that during practice this past week Everson has been explosive, screaming and yelling in the work place. Pico said that management sent him and his agent a letter on Thursday 09-20-18 stating he is not allowed back until he has a mental health evaluation. Pico said Everson has paranoia and has been repeating himself lately. Pico said that Everson called him on Saturday 09-22-18 and said he wanted to talk to him at his house. Everson then changed the location to Hotel Ivy in Minneapolis. When Pico got to Hotel Ivy, Everson forgot that he wanted to speak to Pico and didn’t want to talk to him. Pico said at no time did Everson make any comments about wanting to hurt himself or others. Pico said Everson is very smart about not making comments like that. Pico said that Everson’s speech is rapid and his conversations were irrational. Pico stated while the Minnesota Vikings want Everson to get a mental health evaluation, there is nothing that Everson has said or done that would rise it to the level where immediate action needs to be taken.

Pico said Everson is not a harm to himself or others. I told Pico at this point there isn’t anything I heard from him that is concerning where I need to go knock on Everson’s door and say “hey you need to go in.” Pico said honestly at this point no, there is no need for that.

Eventually, police met with Griffen at his home. From the report:

Everson was outside yelling. Officer Thompson and I approached Everson. Officer Thompson and I spoke to Everson. Everson was making comments about “777" and that he went to Waynes house because “God made me do it” and went on to say that there was a sign on the front door saying “welcome fall” so that’s why he went there.​

I respect your just-the-facts response. The world needs more straight-up facts and less BS right now.

I dated someone for a few years who was undiagnosed bipolar and too hard-headed to be properly treated. So my experience with mental illness runs fairly deep. Here's to hoping he gets the help he needs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom