Vikings in Meltdown mode? (1 Viewer)

Chris Collingsworth had a good observation in the week one game vs the Packers. He said the line was built with run blockers. They struggle in

pass protection. It works fine when you have Peterson running the ball. The problem is AP isn't there now.

The only issue with that is that they still were good after AP too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And all preseason we were hearing how we should go after their discarded linemen. Granted, their line has had a number of injuries, but you'd think their backups would be at least okay considering everything we were hearing about them, right?

Meanwhile, our o-line is looking nice.

Glad you mentioned that. I was thinking about that all during the game and starting to wonder if my memory was defective. Yeah, it was the Vikings that supposedly had so much OL talent that we needed to try and sign the guys that didn't make their final roster.

I guess their Offensive line talent was severely overrated. And maybe the Saints coaching isn't as bad as some on the board would have you believe, because they've been able to patch together a fairly decent line out of some questionable talent. They certainly aren't dominating, but Drew isn't running for his life like we thought he would be, either.

It's called the nature of the NFL.

Even the 2009 Saints had to experience it with the Dallas and TB games.

Minny will bounce back and look more normal pretty soon, I'm sure.

Bradford is a statue. Chicago saw the tape from last week and figured it out. If you attack the middle of the OL then Bradford is toast. BTW ex Saint Ryan Pace is getting some mileage out of ex-Saints Porter and Hicks with ex-Saint Vic Fangio's help. Wish we could have brought Vic back in to help our D...

chicago is terrible. Just last night Vikings were moar terrible.

Bradford is a statue. Chicago saw the tape from last week and figured it out. If you attack the middle of the OL then Bradford is toast. BTW ex Saint Ryan Pace is getting some mileage out of ex-Saints Porter and Hicks with ex-Saint Vic Fangio's help. Wish we could have brought Vic back in to help our D...
We're becoming so pessimistic that we are envious of our cast offs that other teams aftee us casted off that are now on a 2-6 team......

chicago is terrible. Just last night Vikings were moar terrible.

Indeed, but you have to admit Cutler played lights out, which is not normal for him. He'll come back to Earth, heh.

Every team has games where nothing goes quite right, and that was one of them for Minny. They'll be fine unless they get mired in a slump.

We're becoming so pessimistic that we are becoming envious of our cast offs that other teams aftee us casted off that are now on a 2-6 team......

Neither Hicks or Porter were cast offs.

The team opted to not re-sign Porter in Free Agency in 2012, choosing Patrick Robinson and Johnny Patrick over Tracy Porter... you could honestly say this was the beginning of the end for the Saints defense. Hindsight is 20/20, but man, the sheer volume of complete defensive whiffs by the Saints for the next few years after that is astounding. The Saints are still working to recover from that stretch of decisions.

Hicks was traded to New England for Hoo-man. Hicks played well in New England, and is playing well in Chicago. Hicks also played well in New Orleans. The trade happened I imagine because the Saints realized they were thinner than they thought at Tight End after trading Graham. Hoo-man played well in the trade, an unfortunate injury ended his season early this year, but he would have been a great contributor in both the run and passing game.

It's not like the Saints cut these guys in camp for sucking, these players performed in Black and Gold.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom