Vikings may be without their two starting CBs Sunday

Saintsphere

Mmmm...Super Bowl
Ratings
Sticky Post
Mike Hughes is out for the season and Xavier Rhodes sprained his ankle yesterday and had to be carted off. Early diagnosis says Rhodes should be fine enough to NOT go on IR but logical wisdom would have one assume he's not going to play this week. Unless they shoot him up like crazy with an epidural.

Mike Thomas was getting the best of Rhodes last year in the playoffs last January anyway so it's not like Rhodes was this immovable object on defense for him. The Vikings are a good team but their defense isn't the same dominant force as last year.

This is one of those games where I get that gut feeling we are going to come out and show the world we are the force to be reckoned with in the NFC. Not just the media darling Rams.

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Ratings
We need to figure out how we can help Ken Crawley contain Stefon Diggs ... I think Lattimore will take care of Theilen .... last year in week 1, Diggs made Devante Harris cry himself to sleep. Crawley is playing pretty similar this season if not at the same horrible level .... Offensively, I see no reasons why we can't move the ball on the ground and in the air against that defense .... especially with Everson Griffin out ...

james_k_p

The HD Candy Man!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Man....put Taysom in and have him and crawley shadow whoever is opposite of lattimore lol.

We need to think WAY out of the box here. But I saw a tweet from RevDeuce that after he reviewed the film, all the burns we got were not 1v1. They were all on busted zone coverages. Obviously after all this time...certain players STILL don't know their responsibilities in zone D. So as much as I like to hate on Crawley too, it's the guys who are over the top on zones that are screwing the pooch.

SaintsThinker

Ratings
I want them to be healthy. I want the Viking at full strength. I don’t know about you guys but I will be the most hyped I’ve been about a Saints game in a long time. We have to beat these guys. We need to get this monkey off our back.

VikesFan2017

Veteran Starter
Ratings
Barr has a hamstring injury. I'd expect him to miss.

Rhodes is a big question mark because they were re-taping him to go back, but he didn't go back in.
One thing about Rhodes is almost every game he takes a play or two off for an injury, so it's really hard to say.

Sounds like we might opt for a 3 safety package against you guys, but it's all Monday morning talk so far.

superchuck500

cha-ching
VIP Subscribing Member
Diamond VIP Contributor
Ratings
With the NFC North a neck and neck horse race the Vikes cannot afford to lose a home game. I'd expect everyone not on IR to play for them Sunday.
Rhodes has an ankle sprain. He's not going to IR but that's an injury that takes a bit of time and can be made worse by playing on it. They're not in a "must play" situation in week 8.

CTSaint

Pro-Bowler
Ratings
We need to figure out how we can help Ken Crawley contain Stefon Diggs ... I think Lattimore will take care of Theilen .... last year in week 1, Diggs made Devante Harris cry himself to sleep. Crawley is playing pretty similar this season if not at the same horrible level .... Offensively, I see no reasons why we can't move the ball on the ground and in the air against that defense .... especially with Everson Griffin out ...
It's is why i would like for Hardee to get a shot with the 1s even if it's for a half. He plays with a big chip and he'll try to emulate his boy ML.

Man....put Taysom in and have him and crawley shadow whoever is opposite of lattimore lol.

We need to think WAY out of the box here. But I saw a tweet from RevDeuce that after he reviewed the film, all the burns we got were not 1v1. They were all on busted zone coverages. Obviously after all this time...certain players STILL don't know their responsibilities in zone D. So as much as I like to hate on Crawley too, it's the guys who are over the top on zones that are screwing the pooch.
And when Allen decided to go man, they were stout! Press man is the way to go, imo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.