Vikings request to interview Ryan Nielsen for DC Job (1 Viewer)

Did they really suffer though?

The 2022 passing defense gave up less yards, first downs and touchdowns than the 2021 group. The interceptions were down but that seems kind of a fluke.
I don't have stats in front of me, but that's probably bc teams were able to run on us at will compared to previous seasons.

I don't have stats in front of me, but that's probably bc teams were able to run on us at will compared to previous seasons.
For sure...it's a little bit of a chicken vs egg. But overall the 2022 defense gave up less yards than the 2021 unit. Although it's close enough to call it a wash.

The run defense was pretty bad in terms of advanced metrics, and for sure we need help at d-line, but that was not the major issue with the team

Our structure is such a joke. Two co-defensive coordinators, with a HC that calls the defensive plays.

One of many early signs that we were in for a **** show under this new leadership.

Passiveness/timidness on full display from the get-go.

This.

When DA showed he couldn't even make a decision like naming a single DC, shoulda known then his decision making was questionable. As it turned out to be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom