Vikings (TV Show) (1 Viewer)

I wanted to like it more than I liked it.

I'm a sucker for historical documentaries, and I can also get into good historical fiction, but I found the first episode was just trying so hard to feel Epic-with-a-capital-E that I couldn't quite get into it. All the dialogue felt more like a pronouncement than like natural speech, and some of the explication seemed heavy-handed: "Let me tell you about our laws and customs that you have grown up with all your life as if you were an imaginary audience of far-future people that needed to know how we do things."

On the plus side, I liked all the actors, especially the shield-maiden. The settings are also magnificent, and that'll keep me watching at least another episode or two. The plot also seemed believable, even if the dialogue was a little stilted.

Ragnar Lodbrok - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is very loosely based on an actual historical character. Though, I am quite sure they have taken some creative license with the old sagas.

Fun show. Good grief the blond wife is smokin.

She looks kinda like Scarlett Johansson to me, and he reminds me of Charlie Hunam from "Sons of Anarchy". Oh, and I noticed Buliwyf from " The 13th Warrior" as the viking they called Red.
Overall an enjoyable show so far.

She looks kinda like Scarlett Johansson to me, and he reminds me of Charlie Hunam from "Sons of Anarchy". Oh, and I noticed Buliwyf from " The 13th Warrior" as the viking they called Red.
Overall an enjoyable show so far.

when i look at him all i see is jax. good call on buliwyf! i was trying to place him.

oh, and rollo is a dick.

Fun show. Good grief the blond wife is smokin.
katheryn_winnick_going_the_distance_caps_9Qaggc9.sized.jpg

I wondered if the offer to the slave was a test or they really wanted him to join in.

I wondered if the offer to the slave was a test or they really wanted him to join in.

I think they wanted to him to join. It was a scene designed to show the clash of culture, morality, etc. And it also shows that the lord dude's test in the earlier episode wasnt so ridiculous to their sensibilities. He set his man up to fail. Ragnard is genuinely curious about the world outside his own. However, the monk's refusal in that circumstance also shows his worth as being true to his identity, so much so that he is trusted to oversee the household and children. At least that's the way I saw it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I only watched the first episode. The rest is on the DVR. Need to catch up. Looked good to start.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom