Vikings (TV Show) (1 Viewer)

James

Reaction score
Just watched the first 2 episodes. Its very good, it doesn't have the money to have the production of Game of Thrones , but it works. Anyone else seen it?

Is it supposed to be factual or is it fiction?

Well its on the History channel so I'm guessing they get most of the facts right, like geography and what they wear and so on... but make a good story. Ragnar was a real Viking right?

Also in ep 2 they cross the English channel and plunder a Christian Monastery ,chopping up crucifix and denouncing "their" god and all. Sure that will get some attention.

I wanted to like it more than I liked it.

I'm a sucker for historical documentaries, and I can also get into good historical fiction, but I found the first episode was just trying so hard to feel Epic-with-a-capital-E that I couldn't quite get into it. All the dialogue felt more like a pronouncement than like natural speech, and some of the explication seemed heavy-handed: "Let me tell you about our laws and customs that you have grown up with all your life as if you were an imaginary audience of far-future people that needed to know how we do things."

On the plus side, I liked all the actors, especially the shield-maiden. The settings are also magnificent, and that'll keep me watching at least another episode or two. The plot also seemed believable, even if the dialogue was a little stilted.

I wanted to like it more than I liked it.

I'm a sucker for historical documentaries, and I can also get into good historical fiction, but I found the first episode was just trying so hard to feel Epic-with-a-capital-E that I couldn't quite get into it. All the dialogue felt more like a pronouncement than like natural speech, and some of the explication seemed heavy-handed: "Let me tell you about our laws and customs that you have grown up with all your life as if you were an imaginary audience of far-future people that needed to know how we do things."

On the plus side, I liked all the actors, especially the shield-maiden. The settings are also magnificent, and that'll keep me watching at least another episode or two. The plot also seemed believable, even if the dialogue was a little stilted.

Well the dialog was trying to introduce everybody, EP 2 is on Demand. not sound like Im sellin cable,lol

That's a good point. A lot of shows have kind of stilted first episodes while they're trying to fit everyone in and create the background. I should definitely give it another shot. :)

ok, just watched the first two episodes. first was a little slow, but that is expected to start a series. the second episode has me wanting more. so far me likey.

episode 4 should be on history.com to watch now. definitely going to be looking for it when i get home.

Caught this by chance last night. Enjoyed it and will be looking to start from Ep 1.

I have watched all of them and i love it so far. Sunday night is the best night of the werk for tv.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy III.

Watched the first two episodes today on Hulu. So far I liked it a lot. I will certainly continue to watch.

every episode has been stronger than the one before it... sign of a good series.

the lead character - and his wife - are both ridiculously charismatic actors.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom