vilma as number 51? (1 Viewer)

dwid

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
i thought this number was retired?

lets hope he can do that number some justice. the last person to wear it didnt.

edit: heres a list of all of the players to wear 51, that i compiled from neworleanssaints.com. these are only players who were active for at least 1 regular season game.

51 Fraser, Jim (P) - Wisconsin 1968
51 Saul, Bill (LB) - Penn State 1969
51 Didion, John (LB/C) - Oregon State 1971-74
51 Croom, Sylvester (C) - Alabama 1975
51 Chambers, Rusty (LB) - Tulane 1975-76
51 Capone, Warren (LB) - LSU 1976
51 Crosby, Ron (LB) - Penn State 1978
51 Holloway, Stan (LB) - California 1980
51 Paul, Whitney (LB) - Colorado 1982-85
51 Mills, Sam (LB) - Montclair State 1986-94
51 McCoy, Larry (LB) - Lamar 1987 (how is this possible, considering mills was on the team from 86-94?)
51 Childs, Ron (LB) - Washington State 1995
51 Barnes, Derrick (LB) - Virginia 1997
51,50 Clarke, Phil (LB) - Pittsburgh 1999-2001
51 Williams, Brian (LB) - Southern California 2001
51 Cox, Bryan (LB) - Western Illinois 2002
51 Melton, Terrence (LB) - Rice 2004-06
51 Simmons, Brian (LB) - North Carolina 2007

Last edited:
i thought it was retired after he died, and i havent seen much the last 2 seasons because i moved to atlanta temporarily, and feel bad like i missed out on 06 perhaps the best season so far, i caught the postseason, but now im back so hopefully i can see every game

i thought it was retired after he died, and i havent seen much the last 2 seasons because i moved to atlanta temporarily, and feel bad like i missed out on 06 perhaps the best season so far, i caught the postseason, but now im back so hopefully i can see every game

I was just playin man... None of the Dome Patrollers #s are retired... shame ain't it?

I don't blame you for thinking that, because it should have been once Mills died. I knew it wasn't, but it should have been.

Dont worry guyys, Vilma will look real good in 51 and make us all proud to see him wearing it on the field on Sunday's.

I wish that no one had invented the idea of retiring numbers, because all these threads are mentally challenged.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom