Vilma told to seek trade!!! (1 Viewer)

The fact that the Jets are letting him get an offer is telling.....I'm very suspicious, especially considering that Vilma was "rookie of the year" which in itself increases his value! So the Jets might want him to find a suitor, so they can get some kind of compensation. I think he might be done for good, and just as Cie Grant, Vilma is trying his best to get another contract. Cie Grant did the same thing, and Haslet did play him a few games, but it was clearly evident that Grant was done. Vilma might be doing exactly that, and he tries his best, but at this point I'm skeptical.

Microfracture surgery is a temporary solution to a knee replacement. It means he has no cartilage left behind his knee cap. I'd give the Jets a seventh and no more because this guy is permanently damaged goods.

Microfracture surgery is a temporary solution to a knee replacement. It means he has no cartilage left behind his knee cap. I'd give the Jets a seventh and no more because this guy is permanently damaged goods.

This is what I heard about microfracture surgery. Once someone loses the cartilige in the knee, they harvest cells and implant them in the knee, in order to grow cartilige. That's what a microfracture surgery does......

I seriously doubt Vilma will play again in the NFL. Even if he is, it will be for a very short time, I'm afraid.....

This is what I heard about microfracture surgery. Once someone loses the cartilige in the knee, they harvest cells and implant them in the knee, in order to grow cartilige. That's what a microfracture surgery does......

I seriously doubt Vilma will play again in the NFL. Even if he is, it will be for a very short time, I'm afraid.....

If Vilma is signed by us, it will mean the rumors of microfracture surgery were not true. Theres noway we will trade for a guy with glass knees. Loomis is a smart guy and isn't going to waste money or picks in that situation.

What they do is break the back of the knee cap in a bunch of places hoping that the body will respond by building some tissue behind the knee. I don't remember what the tissue was, but it is not cartilage and it does not last. My sister played volleyball collegiately and had to have the surgery last year. It lasted about a year and now her doctor wants to do it again in both knees. So far, her only other option is temporary injections behind the knee cap or have knee replacements before she is thirty.

There is two guys by the name of Winslow and Foster who say you are wrong.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ts_knew_of_jonathan_vilmas_knee_injury-2.html

jets knew about his knee condition when the drafted him. seems the micro fracture surgery was just to remove the loose parts in his knee and takes about 10 months to heal. i think he should be fine to play this year.

But is there any proof he actually had microfracture knee surgery? From what I've heard the Jets have never actually said. I'm praying he didn't actually have it.

Another question, how did he hurt his knee last year? Was it self induced from planting wrong or something or did someone cut his knee out in a hit?

But is there any proof he actually had microfracture knee surgery? From what I've heard the Jets have never actually said. I'm praying he didn't actually have it.

Another question, how did he hurt his knee last year? Was it self induced from planting wrong or something or did someone cut his knee out in a hit?
It's a chroinc condition. He has had fragment a removal before. And if it does bother him that bad, Microfracture is the solution if he wants a chance to continue to play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom